chapter one: Mare

I kneeled........

I feared my fate but I was also ready for it. There is one thing life has taught me is to be brave and strong no matter what is standing in front of you. Mavens words echoed in my head "you put her body on display, I'll do the same to you." The silvers that stand around seem to be yelling something at me but I can't hear them, all I can think about is all the things maven could do to me. What will he do to me?

Maven yanked me up to my feet, I yelped. The silvers snickered. Maven was leading me to the left side of the stage. There stood a large metal pole maven pulled at my chains, I couldn't move. "be brave" I breathed, "be brave."  before I could say anything else the sentinels had already chained me to this pole. I awaited my fate with a hard expression but really inside all I felt like doing was crying, then I heard that terrible clicking sound. The one I heard the last time I saw Maven, the one that can turn your powers against yourself. The one you can't control. I could feel the electricity rushing through my body it felt nice. " I missed you," I muttered. but that wonderful feeling left as quick as it came. My power, my strength was turned against me. The pain was agonizing as my lightening skidded across my body. All I wanted to do was scream but I would not give that monster what he wanted I held it in by biting my lip so hard it started to bleed. Through my lighting I could see the silvers sneering at me as the ruby red blood dripped off my lip onto my white clothing. I turned my head to see Maven looking away with guilt as my body was scared with my power. he of all people would be the last person I would think of feeling guilty, he is a monster, he has killed so many and yet he can't look me in the eyes when he's torturing me. suddenly my head feels light and empty, my lighting slows down and the last thing I see before I blacked out was maven looking straight into my eyes with sorrow. but how........... 

sorry for a short  chapter I hope you enjoyed it I hope to keep writing soon

from gen