chapter 6: maven

I look to the boy who is looking at me with shock and nod. he knows exactly what to do. it takes him around 5 minutes his fingers skidding across wires and keyboards. he steps back. he is done and there on the screen was cal fuming with rage as he watches me. "cal!" mare yells weakly I look around to see Thomas still here I walk off to talk to him but I turn around to see mare standing weakly to see cal "please cal." I hear her say. "I'm scared." she says as she stares into my brother's eyes with fear. "go boy go home!" I tell Thomas. As he leaves I turn on my heel and back to Mare, she cowers in fear. I look to the sentinels they know their job they walk forward to Mare, cuff her and chain her to the wall so her back is showing. I trace over the M on her collarbone and turn her chin towards my eyes.she looks at me with fear "maven?" her eyes grow wider "please  Maven." she begs "I'm scared." she pleads staring into my eyes "oh mare, I have to do this or nobody will know who's in charge, I have their weakness." I grin. Tears start to form in her eyes, the first tear falls I wipe it off. "don't worry my dear as soon as we're done here every single healer in the palace will be here for you." I walk back to cal on the screen and say "if you come close to the palace I will kill her so don't bother saving her !" fire bursts from his hands in anger, I call to my fire as well. my brother sits back down on the bed eager to find out what I will be doing "she is mine" I say to Cal, he growls. I walk over to Mare with fire on my hands. diagonal from the M I draw an A, V, E, N. "Your mine" I whisper so only she can hear. I wasn't sure if she screamed or not I was to caught up in showing that Mare was mine I didn't hear anything. as I untie Mare from the wall her face is covered in tears, I pull her closer. on her shirt aven had been burnt away and red burns on her back in the shape of my name." Happy birthday Mare." I pull a syringe from my pocket and inject it in her arm she looks worried I lift her chin to  look at me "don't worry it won't hurt you it will just calm you and make you tired, so you're easy to heal." I smile as I watch her eyes become heavy "bye brother." I grin then the broadcast cuts off. "Get me every healer that works here in this palace, now!" I yell. Mare winces in pain "its alright mare the pain will be gone soon." I say calmly. I feel her slowly falling  I quickly catch her as she rests. "I love you Mare."  I whisper.

Thank you so much for reading chapter 4,5,6 where my favorite. I've had this idea for a while and its kinda exciting seeing it written down on "paper", online paper😊🙃 if you liked it feel free to comment and vote? whose perspective do you want next??

Gen