11. Camping Outside

As soon as I said my name, I quickly walked out of the cave. The sun was setting faster than usual. I speaks my arm out, making all of the forest fire-proof. Just to finish off, I magicked up a campfire and a log next to it.

I went over where my bag was and sat around the fire, getting out my coat. It's the closest thing to a sleeping bag I've got. Before I can get to sleep, I sit on the log, heating up by the fire. My eyes aren't heavy at all, I'm wide awake, thinking about everything that happened today. My family will be looking for me now, in every place they can. They'll never find me here. The Council won't either. I'm secure.

I feel my eyes brimming with tears. My parents will be having sleepless nights, not knowing where I am. For all I know, I could be here forever.

The moon is rising and the stars brighten. I look up at the brightest star, my wishing star, and hope that Mum and Dad are fine. I hope that Hayden isn't arrested. I hope The Council fail to find me. Three wishes a night at the brightest star is supposed to be lucky, so I hope I am.

That Flynn Guess is confusing to get my head around, though. Why is he even here? I made this place up from the top of my head! A forest, far away, with NO PEOPLE! How long has he been here? Does he LIVE in the cave?

I picked up the dagger on my way back. I'm pretty sure it belongs to Flynn. I don't know how he could survive this long out here, if he's been he a long while. He must've killed a lot of animals with this. He must be a good hunter. I'm not. I've never killed anything bigger than a spider.

I grab my coat and wrap it around me. I take the bottle of water and take sips. I need it after all that running. How does Flynn get water? The water in the pond is dingy and almost green, I don't know how the fish can live in it.

The fire crackles like a bonfire, making my body toasted up. What I want, more than anything else in the world, is to be in my house back in Cheshire with my Mum and Dad. I can't go back, The Council will come looking for me again and again until I'm found.

A flash of light appears before me.

It is daytime, in the new house. My parents are wondering where I am. There is a knock on the door. My mum goes over and opens the door. Council police barge in without asking, pushing my mother out of the way.

"Is she here?" One says.

"I'll check upstairs!" Says another. There are about eight or nine around the house, practically tearing it apart as my parents beg them to go away.

"Why are you here?" Says Dad.

"Your daughter is a sorceress. Attacked three teachers today." A policeman tells her. Mum chews her lip worriedly and looks at Dad.

"She isn't a sorceress! Get out of my house!" Dad yells, pushing the policeman backwards. I never knew he had such bad temper.

"Martin Coldstone, I am arresting you for assaulting a policeman. You will be taken to the Council Court Prison immediately and will be kept in custody until further notice." Says another policeman, handcuffing my father. He wriggles, trying to break free, but he can't.

"No! No, you can't!" Mum pleads, but it is too late, Dad is taken away, calling my mother's name "Emma! Emma!" and the Council clear away, leaving the house a mess, with Mum on her own.

The flash of light returns. I am back by the campfire. These visions mean something, I know they do. My Dad is in prison for doing the right thing. For sticking up for his family. And he's now in custody for it. It's all my fault. All of it.