14. Around the Campfire.

It's moonlight now. The fire flickers while me and Flynn are sat on separate logs apart from each other, chatting away. Then, Flynn mention the 'E' word.

"Eris is watching us everyday. I tried breaking out once, but a forcefield pulled me back. She is just waiting for me to die." Flynn frowns.

"She can do what the heck she likes, as long as we get out of here. I could teleport us, but it'll be surprising if I do." I tell him. "All I want now is a s teaming mug of hot chocolate."

Flynn' s smile is more noticeable next to the fire. "Me too." He shrugs at me, looking at me in the eye, imagining what it would be like to be get out of here. I know for sure that they are good visions, he's practically lived in the wild for 24 months or over. A cup of hot chocolate would be a lot more useful than money in this case. The Cursed Forest is only for cursed people, so I shouldn't be here, but there are good days and bad days so far. Today has been especially well. I've learned a lot about Flynn, including the fact that he's clumsy on a swing. He can help me find food and water now, though I still have my water bottle handy. I don't give any of it to Flynn, he seems happy to drink the pond water because he says it's cleaner than it looks.

Flynn chews off the last piece of ham that he saved from lunch.

"We have to save some!" I moan, making more flames that could probably last us the whole night. Flynn laughs. He seems to enjoy annoying me. He sighs.

"Are we camping out here tonight?" He asks, rolling out two sheets. "How did you get these sheets?" I gasp, looking at the material.

"Your mum!" He jokes. "No, I found them in the ground two months ago. Another cursed person must've died and left it here before."

It's creepy knowing that the thing you are about to sleep in belonged to someone who's now dead. I remember the skeleton I saw in the cave, and it might have been his. It makes me wonder how many people have been cursed and died here in the past. It's all Eris' fault. She's the one who kills people.

Flynn hands me a thin sheet and I wrap it around myself, thinking about Dad in Council Court, stuck behind bars for hitting a Council policeman, which is something anyone would do. Feel my eyes prickling.

"Ariana....Are you alright?" Flynn says, more serious. I shaking my head.

"No, it's just the smoke getting in my eyes." I lie, telling myself to stop being such a baby. This is the point. I'm too weak.