6. The Test

English lesson begins before I know it. Dan and David are stood up at the front of the room about to do their presentation. Jodie is snickering under her hoodie.

"Our presentation is about obesity." Dan spoke clearly, dieing not to laugh. Their PowerPoint shot up on the board, with a picture on the side of Mr Stephens. Mr Stephens looked like he was about explode.

"Here are some obesity pictures before we begin." David said. Pictures skimmed past of fat people. Then, a picture of Mr Stephens at a water park with a woman showed up. This time, Mr Stephens did explode.

"WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!?" He boomed as the class collapsed with laughter. Mr Stephens clicked the next slide, which was even worse. He was in a pub with a large can of beer. More laughter.

Mr Stephens got up from his seat and dragged the boys back to their seats, before pulling out the twins' memory stick and throwing it at the wall, the memory stick broke into pieces. The class stopped immediately and stared at him in silence.

"You, Jodie, come up." He ordered. Jodie stood up alone. "Where is your partner?" Mr Stephens asks.

"Skiving, sir." Jodie shrugs. She comes to the front, laughing.

"My presentation is about violence." She laughed, followed by the rest of the class, who looked at Mr Stephens. A picture showed up of him yelling. She, too, was sent back into her seat with a double detention after school.

"You!" He points at Hayden, who's cheeks suddenly reddend. Hayden looks at me, I look back at her. Hayden nods at me a little. We stand up at the front, shaking.

"Our presentation is about bullying." Hayden says, loud and clear. "Bullying can take lives from many people in the UK alone. There are many types of bullying."

It's my turn to speak. I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out.

"Ariana?" Hayden whispers. My heart is a repetitive drum. I feel hot and sick. My cheeks burn like mad.

"It's alright to be nervous." Mr Stephens says, calming down. I still don't talk for a bit.

"I-it's fine." I say, holding my arm out at him.

Gasps come from the classrooms. I don't know why until I turn around. Mr Stephens is trapped inside a large pile of ice. I look down at my pale hands, that is as pale as m th face right now. Mr Stephens doesn't move a mistake, even his heart is frozen. What have I done? My secret is out.

Hayden is terrified.

"I knew it!" Dan yelled out. David agrees. I dare to look back up, shaking madly. I run to my seat, grab my bag and leave, getting rid of the ice surrounding Mr Stephens as I slip away. Then I realise I am being followed.

I run out, terrified of myself. Terrified of the world.