Breakable hearts 01

“Dave stop it.” I could hear my mother’s cries.

My eyes were closed tightly hearing A thud knowing this man had thrown my mother across the living room, he turned to me, his eyes full of hatred, his breath smelt of alcohol.

“You were a mistake Dakota, you never meant anything to us.” He hissed getting closer to my face, feeling his breath against my skin, I didn’t dare open my eyes. “You’re a lot like your mother.” He laughed. “You’re weak!” he yelled.

“Dave!” My mother cried, she must of woken up, it was too soon, I felt his hand slap me across my face then grabbed the collar of my shirt and threw me down…

                “Cody.” I could feel someone’s arm on my hand, I could hear someone call my name but I couldn’t wake up, I let out a small whimper.

                “Stay back Susan!”

The man I use to call my father hovered over me, he threw a punch making me feel a sharp pain in my stomach, I was to weak to try and attempt to get away.

                “Cody” the voice had come again and I slowly squinted my eyes open.

I was in a dark room, I then realized I was in Riley’s room, “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

                “Fine just a dream.” I mumbled sleepily.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She asked.

 I shook my head, “No.. but thanks.” I whisper pulling the covers over more, a tear rolled down my cheek hoping Riley wouldn’t notice me crying silently as I felt her get back under the covers and I myself soon went back to sleep.

                I was woken up to the sound of Music playing, I squinted my eyes as I sat up letting the covers fall from my bare chest I noticed Riley singing, her Ipod stuck in her ears as she looked through the closet, she wore red and black checkered pajama pants and A hoodie.

“If I die young burry me in satin, Lay me down on A bed of roses, sink me in the river, at dawn..”

                I was quiet, she was really good but I didn’t want to say anything thinking I’ve gone soft, instead I grabbed a pillow from the bed and threw it making it hit the back of her head that’s when she stopped and turned.

“What the hell was that for?” She asked chunking the pillow back hitting it square in my face.

“Your singing is annoying and interrupting my beauty sleep.” I stated firmly.

                Riley snorted, “Please, beauty sleep won’t help.”

So she was getting good with the remarks, “Just pipe down would ya?” I ask annoyed.

“Never, but breakfast is ready.” She stated skipping out of the room.

                I did smell food, my stomach growled and I stood from my feet taking it that I was hungry since I hardly eaten a thing my first day here, Riley was searching the fridge seeing A poptart on the counter I jumped up and sat there eating it, she then looked up with her jaw dropped.

“That was mine!”

“Was it? Hm I didn’t see your name on it.” I smirked.

“Still A jerk.” She said between clinched teeth.

 “Morning kids, how did things go last night?” Dad’s voice echoed in the kitchen.

“Just peachy.” Riley answered, I expected her to tell him about me cutting but she didn’t.

“Cody?” Matthew asked staring my way.

“Alright.” I finished the poptart.

“Thanks Riley.” I jumped off the counter and walked back upstairs.

“Dad he ate the last poptart.” I could hear Riley say.

“Well you shouldn’t of left it lying around.” I could hear him say.

                Despite Riley taking forever in the bathroom and the fact I needed in there aswell, I began to get inpatient.

“Come on, girls take forever you’ve been in there for over half an hour!” I yelled.

“Suck it up!” she yelled back.

                I leaned against it with my arms crossed, “Really Riley, hurry the fuck up!” I breathed out.

I could hear the lock click and the door opened and I caught my balance, she smirked walking passed me I hurried in there and locked the door before she had the chance to go back inside.

                After being in the bathroom I walked out moments later once I was satisfied with a pair of jeans, a white shirt and my hoodie over it, my black hair messy and all in my face hiding my eyes, I didn’t like my eyes it was one thing I didn’t like about myself, I walked downstairs seeing Riley there setting on the couch her arms crossed staring at the TV screen, I grabbed the remote from her and jumped over the couch changing it.

                “It was bad enough you changed the channel while watching Glee, but I was in the middle of this movie!”

“Suck it up.” I mocked back with a smirk seeing how she just sat there not saying another word.