breakable hearts o4

To some of you this chapter might be Rated R- for some violence.. and murder.. it was hard for me to write this chapter i hated it, but it's part of the story and part of the characters life, so i hope you enjoy it.  oh and the little girl on the right is a pic of what his sister looks like :D played by Alexia Osborne

happy reading!

I sat there with the sketch pad not hearing the door open, “Cody can we talk for a second? Privately?” Mr. Harris asked.

“Sure.” I stood on my feet leaving my sketch pad on Riley’s bed and slowly walked out of the bedroom following Mr. Harris behind slowly I was afraid of what he had to say, Riley had passed us up and she looked at me her eyes full of concern.

Has she told them?

“Dad what’s going on?” Riley asked.

“It would be up to Cody for telling you, those are the rules Riles sorry Kiddo.” He smiled at his daughter before closing the door behind us, he had walked behind his desk and sat down staring at me a moment gesturing to sit down on the chair in front of his desk, I took in a shaky breath and sit down staring at him as I began to play with my hair, I noticed how I did that a lot when I was nervous or frustrated about something or just scared it’s a habit I will never get rid of.

                “I went through your parent’s files in my office today, I had come up on something.. something you might want to keep.” He handed me something that looked like a picture that was turned upside down, I stared at it blankly and turned it over, my heart nearly stopped seeing this little girl with me sitting on the swings as I pushed her, her face was lit up mom took it the day we were in the park.

                “Dad! She’s just six year olds!” I yelled rushing downstairs.

Dad had grabbed Kyra by the arm and dragged her downstairs, he was angry very angry.

“Stay out of this you worthless little piece of shit! This is between Kyra and Daddy.” He laughed darkly; I could see the evil in his eyes.

I leaned against the wall then I could hear it, the gun shot, my eyes shut tight my heart felt like it had stopped, the screams from Kyra had come to a stop, the tears streamed down my face as I slid down the wall my hair fell in my eyes as I held onto my chest trying to catch my breath but then I could hear him, call me.

“Cody! Get your ass down here and help!”

I stood wiping away my tears, I walked down seeing my sister lying there, her blood stains on the carpet, I caught my breath moments later seeing the man I call father appear out of the kitchen looking down at the lifeless six year old little girl.

“Pick her up and put her in the car.” Dad ordered.

I nearly fell over when he asked me to do such thing, I had no choice I slowly bent down and picked her up, my sisters lifeless body , the murder I had watched, i could hear my dad behind me he had opened the trunk of the car.

“Put her in there and shut it, keep your mouth shut and come with me.” He hissed slamming it shut once I laid my sister in the trunk.

                “Cody?” My head turned quickly to face Mr. Harris. “Are you alright?” he asked.

“I.. can I go now?” I ask quietly putting the picture in my pocket.

Mr. Harris nods, I quickly stand up and walked out of the office closing the door behind me, I look back at Riley’s room knowing she’d be in there so I went into the bathroom and closed the door gasping for air holding my chest leaning against the door, I was able to get my balance and slowly walked over to the sink leaning against it, I never thought I would have to see that memory ever again, I turned the water on letting it run in my palm and splashed my face closing my eyes enjoying the coolness on my skin, I soon opened them staring at my reflection and froze seeing my father standing behind me, I turned quickly but had seen nothing there, I let out a sigh of relief searching for something sharp, finally I had found what seemed to be a new razor and slowly let it slide across my wrist seeing the blood drip down onto the picture of Kyra and I.

                I stuffed the picture into my pocket and walked out nearly bumping into Riley, “Cody, is everything alright? Looks like you seen a ghost.” She said worriedly.

I sucked in my breath staring at her a moment, I hated those words ‘are you alright’ no I will never be alright, ever. I stare at her. “I’ll never be better, I wish people would stop asking me if I’m alright.” I went straight to her room without saying anything else and closed the door sliding down it tears streaming down my face taking out the picture, her smile looking up at me.

 “I’m sorry Kyra.” I whisper quietly clutching the picture close to my chest.

I sat there at the edge of the bed staring down at the picture not noticing the door opening but felt someone sit beside me, I turned to my left seeing Riley sitting there.

“Dinner should be ready in five minutes.” She said noticing the picture in my hand, “Who is she?” she asked.

I stare down at the picture then looked at Riley, “S- she was my sister.” I choked on the words. “I’m not that hungry, I think I’ll skip tonight.” I tell her.

Riley nods, “I’ll tell mom.” I was surprised she didn’t ask any more questions about her she must of noticed I was upset and just left it to that and left the room.