Breakable Hearts 08

Here's the next chapter!

It'll be intence 

Happy Reading!

I had woken up before Riley seeing the house was empty as I walked back up the stairs, I had took the advantage to go into her dad’s office, I wanted to know what happened to her sister, maybe to see if they had any files of my parent’s to see what the news was on them, I closed the door quietly taking out the flashlight in my back pocket I walked over to the filing cabinet and began to search through the folders finally seeing her sisters name.

“Rachel”

“Gotcha.” I whispered quietly sitting down in the chair putting the folder down holding onto the light in my mouth, I opened it up ready for the news, ready to find out why Riley was so freaked out this morning.

Did I care?

Of course I did.

That’s why I am risking on getting caught this morning.

Rachel Harris Died in a car accident in 2012, person driving the car “Riley Harris.” Report has it, that it was a hit and run and the car skidded off the road and flipped several times, the car is totaled, only one survivor, the other died instantly.

I scanned the folder a few more times not believing this, I put it back and tried to find my parent’s but had no luck, but before I closed it I noticed something that caught my eyes, Adoption papers.

So were these two adopted?

I put them up and walked out of the room quickly so I wouldn’t get caught in there knowing it was forbidden, but had gotten caught by Riley walking out of the bathroom after what looked like taking a shower, she now had on A black tank with blue jean shorts, I tuned my head away and just walked back into her room after staring at each other as if we were figuring each other out.

“Hey what were you doing in there? Riley asked, I didn’t notice how close behind me she was till now.

“I-“ I rubbed the back of my neck, not quite sure how to answer that question. “I was only seeing if your dad had files about my parents.” I had sit down on the bed moments later crossing my legs Indian style o then grabbed my sketch pad and pencil sitting it in front of me.

“Did you find anything?” she asked finally after staring at me for a long amount of time.

“No, nothing.” I answer staring at her.

“Didn’t they like abuse you or something?” She asked,  I clenched my fist together.

What is she trying to do?

Piss me off?

I glare at her, “Shut the hell up Riley. You don’t know what went on.” I tell her but smirked. “I herd that your sister died in a car accident.”

That’s when she tensed up her eyes full of anger, she was now in my face I smirk.

“Hit me Riley, go ahead.”

Where the hell is this coming from?

Before I could stop her I could hear the slap as my head snapped the other way, I suppose I had that coming, “You have no idea what the hell went on that night.” She hissed.

I smirk, “Well where does that sound familiar?” I ask her and winched in pain just realizing how hard she had slapped my left cheek.

“Shut the hell up Cody.” She backed away, my face softened seeing the sadness in her eyes.

Was that guilt I felt in the pit of my stomach?

It couldn’t be.

I stare blankly at her, her eyes met mine for a second then she turned around and walked out of the room leaving me alone, I wasn’t sure what had just happened, I just sat there staring blankly at the bedroom door that slammed shut taking my sketch pad I had begun to draw again to relieve some of the stress off that is until I heard glass shatter downstairs, I bolted up from the bed heading for the door running downstairs quickly to see Riley standing there.

“What the hell Riley?”

She looked up, I looked down seeing A picture on the floor I slowly pick it up to see her and Rachel at what looked to be A school dance, she didn’t say anything nor did I, I only put the picture back on the table, as I did so her eyes met mine as I looked up she’d been crying.

Great Riley, make me feel like shit.

I thought to myself, slowly I walked over then wrapped my arms around her pulling her in for a hug, she tried to fight to get away but I held her tightly, she soon gave in wrapping her arms around me and clenched onto my shirt burying her head into my shoulder as I heard soft sobs escape from her lips.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I whisper.

“No.” she said weakly as the thunder shook the house.

I then remembered reading in the papers that it was a stormy night when the wreck happened, I pulled back from the hug feeling slightly awkward and watched as she took a seat on the couch staring blankly at the TV.

“It’d be better to talk about it you know.”

Damn where is this coming from?

I don’t even like talking about my fucking problems, let along someone else.

“I’m fine, just.. I want to be alone.” She said quietly.

I did just that and bolted back up the stairs leaving her alone.

So what's everyone think so far? Comments? Votes? :D