Breakable hearts 10

Here's chapter 10! No it's not nearly over just incase any of you are wondering :)

happy reading!

Sorry for the spelling grammer, and maybe a few mess ups! I was a bit frustarted writing this chapter not sure what to write or how to end it, but i corrected some :)

I took in a deep breath keeping Riley behind me closely her hand gripped my very own, it felt nice and soothing to know I wasn’t alone with someone who just broke into the house, I held the flashlight tightly in my hand we tried to get downstairs quietly to get to her cell phone in the kitchen.

“Riley why did you have to leave your phone down here?” I whisper.

“Hey if I knew someone would break in I’d have it up here with us.” Riley defended herself.

I’ll admit I was scared shitless hoping her parent’s would just walk in or just let us know it was them getting in and accidently broke something because they couldn’t see on their way inside but it wasn’t, the voice, that voice that always tensed my body up echoed through the house, Riley tightened her grip on my hand she must be scared to, I don’t blame her.

“Dakota, I know you’re here my boy, stop hiding.”

“If I tell you to run, don’t just stand there , I mean to run and get the phone and call 911.” I whisper nervously, I haven’t faced my father in  7 years almost 8  years i will be turning 17 in A week and now he decides to show up in my life and I knew it wasn’t going to be to reunite, he wanted something and I had to figure out what that was.

“Cody I don’t want to leave you alone with him.” Riley whispers softly. “What if he tries to-“ I cut her off putting my hand on her mouth.

“That’s why I want you to run, he’ll come after you to I know my dad to well.” I whisper softly feeling her lick my hand I jumped back in disgust and wiped my hand on my jeans.

“Cody, I’m not leaving your side, not with him here, who knows what he has planned.” She said softly as we leaned against the wall next to the staircase.

“Cody, come on let’s make it easier for you, you come out now I won’t be so hard on you but if you make me wait you’ll make me angry, don’t you remember what I use to do to you when you made me angry?” His dad’s voice echoed through the house.

Here we were in pitch dark not quiet sure where he was at, how close he was to us, the only light we had was the light in my shaky hand.

“Cody! Come out! I’ve been looking for you for over an hour if you don’t come out now I’ll beat your sorry pathetic ass.” Dad hissed.

I was 10, I wanted to play hide and seek, mom and I always did this during the day when father use to work after he lost his job it was just him and me after school hours, I was a troubled kid during the school years being bullied, being abused by my father but as father said I deserved to be beaten.

“If you’re not out of here in 5 seconds!   You’ll be in trouble”

1

2

3

4

5

                “Cody, are you alright?” Riley whispered.

“Cody! Come out, I know you’re here with their daughter am I correct? She should be fun to mess with.” I clenched my teeth together.

“Fine, just another memory.” I tell her hearing the stairs squeak, my heart began to race I wouldn’t be surprised if Riley could hear my heart beat she was standing very close to me, the squeaking had stopped, I could then hear breathing next to us then yanking my hair pulling me away from Riley.

“Cody, long time no see, I think we have un finished business to attend to.” He laughed the same laugh the night my sister was murdered by him, I couldn’t get my words out, I wanted to warn Riley to run.

“Go to hell.” I hissed.

“Did you forget what happens when you talk back at your parents?” The alcohol lingered on his breath, my eyes were shut tight before I  could answer I was thrown down the stairs and landed on the living room floor clenching onto my stomach.

“Cody!””

“Riley, Run, please.”

“She’s a bit tied up son.” I stood up grabbing the flash light, he had Riley against the wall my hands shook, my body was filled with anger.

“Get away from her!”

“You know how to pick them son, she sure is something. But does she care about you?” I shook with anger , his hands touching her.

“She wouldn’t be here if she didn’t! get away from her don’t hurt her.” I begged feeling tears stream down my face, something I never thought I would be doing in front of anyone.

“You want me dead, kill me, I’m ready to die. I have to live the nightmare of the night you murdered my sister! I would be glad if you took that away from me!” I was trying to make him angry, angry enough to step away from Riley and come after me instead.

                I then felt something on the side of my head, I breathed in closing my eyes tightly, I knew my father had put a gun to my head, I then could hear a door slam outside, the lights had flickered on, the door swung open and her dad appeared, Riley ran outside towards her mother, Good she was safe now that’s the only thing I wanted to know is that she got out safely.

“Dave, put the gun down. You don’t want to hurt him.” Matthew said.

“But I do, you see he’s nothing but a worthless piece of shit, who murdered his own little sister.” His breath was close to my ear, I wanted to move I wanted to kick him but I was afraid to.

“He’s A smart kid, he’s not worthless, he didn’t kill her that night. You did. No one should die tonight.”

                His grip on my hands grew tighter making me flinch and curse under my breath. “Let him go Dave, the police will be here in no time.”

                My dads hand had begun to shake, my heart was racing I could hear him pull back on the trigger holding in my breath praying he doesn’t let it go. “Just pass me the gun Dave.” Matthew said once more.

                My dad’s hand shook still and he soon pulled the gun from my head hearing the sirens go off, Riley’s father had him pinned to the ground in seconds,  Riley ran inside running towards me wrapping me in a tight hug.

“Riley careful.” I whisper putting my arms around her.

“Sorry, you should get that checked out.” She said backing away.

“Mr. Sanders, we’ve been looking for you all these years, I’m surprised you could hide from us this long, your under arrest for your daughters death, and breaking in a entry.” The man said handcuffing my father bringing him back up his eyes met mine for the last time before I was lead to the ambulance to get seen about, Riley by my side.

I couldn’t figure it out.

Was it really over?

Can I get my life back together without him ruining it?

 -----------------------------

This isn't the end, will Cody get his life straight and find out the answers he needs to know? continue reading and find out! :D there's probably fifteen more chapters possibly for this story, depends on how i want this story to go now :)