Breakable Hearts 12

I could hear the bedroom door open, I was still asleep on A Saturday morning all I wanted was to sleep in on my birthday and not be bothered with anything, but the muffled voices woke me up so I popped my head out from under the covers staring at the Harris’s with a blank expression,

“We know you told us that you didn’t want anything for your birthday or to celebrate, but we wanted to.” Riley’s mom said, it was the first thing she has ever said to me since I moved here and gotm y own room, well Rachel’s room, I sit up knowing I looked horrible noticing Riley standing there with her arms crossed clearly not wanting to be here still in her PJ’s, my smile faded as I looked back at Matthew.

“We’ve got good news and bad news what do you want to hear first?” Matthew asked sitting at the edge of the bed.

I stare at his expression and grew nervous, “Bad news.” I mumble quietly.

Matthew sighed, “You have A court date this week, it’s to do with your father I’ll be there through it all I’ll be sitting beside you through it all, you don’t have to do this alone.” He said, my heart was pounding I shook my head.

“Can’t they do this without me? I really don’t want to face that bastered.” I hissed, Riley looked over at me and I looked at her, “And don’t start caring about me again, you’ve shown nothing but hate towards me since the day I got in trouble at school.” I said standing up passing everyone up slamming the door shut and walked into the bathroom closing the door taking in a deep breath turning on the water waiting until it got warm and stripped down and stepped into the shower letting the warm water hit my bare skin, maybe I was a little too harsh on Riley.

Stepping out moments later I dried off ruffling my hair I slipped back into my flannel pants and blue T shirt, stepped out of the bathroom nearly bumping into Riles who had on A pair of skinny jeans, A Bless The Fall band Tee and a pair of converse shoes, she had the style the style I fell for but she wouldn’t look at me she only brushed passed me and walked down the stairs I felt that emptiness in my body, the kind where you feel like you’re alone with no one to turn too anymore, she was the only one I could turn to the one who understood me but I fucked up, dad’s right I’m a worthless piece of shit.

“Riley!” I called rushing down the stairs grabbing her wrist stopping her, she turned around her bleach blonde hair fell in her eyes as she looked up into my eyes.

“This better be important I have to meet Jake in 20 minutes.” She said.

“So are you and Jake..” I couldn’t get the words out.

“Together?” She asked with A short laugh. “No, it’d be to weird we’re just really good friends besides he’s like a brother to me.” She smiled weakly.

“oh okay, I’m sorry about earlier it’s just the news and everything else.”

What the hell is wrong with me?

Why am I getting this strange feeling towards her to where I can’t get the right words out?

                I felt a sudden gust of wind push me towards her, our bodies were now touching I could feel her breathing, I’m not exactly sure what had come over me but I kissed her, the best part is she kissed me back it only lasted 5 seconds until we herd someone clear their throat from behind us I pulled away opening my eyes seeing her father standing there and I laughed nervously.

“Sorry Matt.” I backed away from Riles.

“I’ll just be going now.” Riley said backing away towards the front door and stepped outside leaving me in there with her father staring at me, I only smile walking back upstairs passing him up whispering.

Thank you Kara.

I knew it was my little sister that pushed me to Riles I could feel her there when it happened I could hear her giggle and her giggle fading away, I sit down on my bed looking around the room as my eyes stopped on the sketch pad and opened it up and began to draw again with my Ipod going that I got from Riles.

 Ahhhh , so what do ya think? i decided to bring the story back!!! comment, vote! do what you do best, it may be a bit sloppy i'll admit but give me time i just started writing int his again