4; Battle

A/N:
I didn't notice this before, but I literally know nothing about Asuma sensei. Like, IDK what happened but, I never payed any attention to him in the Naruto Series.

I began aimlessly walking around the town, trying to remember where Shickamaru said it was. "Well, its a training ground... and that means ninja will generally be there... and to be a ninja you gotta go through the training academy... so its either around the academy or like ninja's headquarters thingy." Using my train of thought, and previous knowledge around the town, I soon found the training grounds. "Sorry that I'm late, I-I didn't know where the training grounds were so I a- Oh, H-hi Shikamaru, and Ino, right?" I immediately feel comforted and anxious at the same time. I'm happy I already know two people on my team but I'm nervous that i don't know the other guys, and my new sensei looks quite intimidating. "Hmm? Oh, hey (Y/N)." Shickamaru said Lazily. "Hello there (Y/N)." Said the sensei. "I see you already know Ino and Shikamaru. I'm Asuma Sensei." He said with a gentle smile, his cigarate halfway out of his mouth. "And I'm Choji." said the chubby one. "I-it's nice to meet you." I said with an awkward smile.

"So (Y/N), where are you from?" Asked Asuma sensei.

"I'm from Ishigakure." I said.

"Where's that?" Asked Choji.

"Yeah, I've never hear of there." Added Ino. Deep breath.

"It's a small village in between land of earth and the land of wind" I said.

"Oh, well you must know a bit of both of those traits, Right?" Asked Asuma, scratching his beard.

"Yeah."

"Well, seeing as you're apart of this team, We should see how strong you are."

"What?" I asked, slightly confused

"We're gonna have a mini battle, to see how strong you are. You ready?" Asuma said almost smugly.

"Wait, you mean like right now?"

"There's no better time like the present."

"Um...  Alright then." I looked around, slightly confused. "So do we start in like ten minutes or am I supposed to close my eyes and count to ten..."

"The battle starts now" Sais Asuma with a wink. And just like that, they all disappeared.

Great. So I guess we're starting now. I jumped off into the trees and looked around, trying to survey my area. It was an open field with 3 poles surrounded by a forest. It's so peaceful and still, It almost makes you wanna sit back an- Shit! Before I could even finish my thought, There was a kuni headed straight towards me. I duked down, the kuni just barley grazing my arm. I stood up, checking the wound and dusting myself off. Anther whizzed by, followed by three more. After I successfully dodged them all, I yelled out. "Bet you can't catch me, Ino!" I waited for a second. I was quiet, but then there was another whizz. I ducked the kuni and began going forward. Just as i suspected, Ino had followed not far behind, still throwing Kuni Soon we were out in the open field. "Earth style; Weighted Boulder!" Before Ino had any time to think, the ground had risen up to her sides and trapped her in rock. "Human Bullet Tank!" I heard someone yell. I turned around to see what looked like Choji but as a ball headed straight towards me. "Earth style; Mud wall!" Within seconds, there was easily a 20 foot tall wall quite a bit wide. Ther was an adubil thud as Choji hit the wall and I let out a small giggle. Then i looked over at the wall. Is it alreaddy noon? The shadow of the wall looks kindof long. Wait, doesn't the Nara clan mess with shadows? Without a moment's notice I quickly scaled the wall, clinging onto the wall, having my shadow meld with the wall's. "What a drag." Said Shikamaru looking up, holding his arm up blocking the sun. "Are you gonna make me climb up there and fight you?" He asked in almost a bored tone. "Depends. Are you gonna go easy on me?" I couldn't tell if he laughed or if he just sighed. Without a moment's notice he was up there with me, on the side of the wall. I don't know why but i felt my knees go week just by looking at him. I lost my grip on the wall and hit the ground. "Ahrimas!" I yelled, holding my stomach. Just in time a fully grown chow-chow appeared, comforting my fall. But as soon as it appeared it disappeared, poofing like a shadow clone. It's all right (Y/N), It was just a chakra clone, not a real dog. It's not like it felt anything. Chakra can't feel pain. Again, without a moments notice, he was there, next to me. "What are you, Speedy gonzolaz?" I asked in a half exhausted and half jokingly. He sighed heavily and reached into his bag to grab a kuni. "I don't know, maybe." He looked down and smirked. " I see your positioned so that way I can't reach your shadow." I smiled, Bearing my kuni as well. We began close hand to hand combat, Our kuni clinking and clanking. He hit hard once and I jumped back. "Wind style Wind blade!" A giant slice of wind came by cutting the wall, forcing Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji back. I aimed and threw kuni at them till they were all within a close enough vicinity to each other. "Earth style; Dark swamp Jutsu!" within seconds the who ground had become marshy. they all sunk down and got stuck. I hid behind the remains of the med wall. "Ahrimas" I whispered as a small mouse like creature came to life. I handed it a kuni with a paper bomb strapped to it. "Drop this close to the people. but far enough so they wont get hurt." The mouse nodded and griped the handle in it's teeth.