chapter 2: the shadow

We went inside the hotel and looked at our surroundings.

"Awesome" Max exclaimed.

"Hello and welcome to our cozy little hotel" an unfamiliar voice came from behind.

We all turn around at once. There at the reception was an old man grinning at us madly. And I don't know why but I do believe that the old man was staring at me for a while.

"We would like to get a room for the night" dad said in his old happy self.

"Of course, it is on the first floor" the old man said, while giving us a key.

When we came to our room we collapsed on each of our beds.

The storm was getting worse. The room was pitch black. I couldn't fall asleep, so I just looked around the room from my bed, even though it was pointless because you couldn't see anything.

The lightning flashed and I saw a dark figure standing infront of my brothers bed.

I screamed.

The lights turned on and my parents were already infront of me.

"what happened? Did you hit yourself on something? Did you have a nightmare? Did..."

I ignored my mother and looked around the room to see no figure standing anywhere. I relaxed in relief, until I saw my brothers bed.

"Where's Max?" I asked, while holding my breath.

 He can't have just disappeared, could he? he must've just gone to the bathroom, right? 

A painful, earpeircing scream erupted.

We looked at the door, where the scream came from... It was open.

I bolted out of the room with my parents right behind me.

The screamed had stopped but there was a trace that was a dark liquid. I knew what it was but didn't want to think of that possibility.

But we followed it...