4 - All You Need Is A Big Spoon Of Self-Confidence

Self Confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it.

Special Request - Listen to Who Says by Selena Gomez for this chapter.

I dedicate this chapter to ronaldojames7
•••

After boarding the bus I came to my house and entered inside.

I wasn't crying but still, my heart was completely shattered right now. I took out my key and opened the door, as usual no one was there. Both my mom and dad had gone for a business trip to Chicago. I closed the door and straight away went to my room. I lay down on my bed.

Today's events started flashing in my mind like a slow motion movie. I sighed and tears again made their way out of my eyes. I was tired, tired of being so boring, tired of being a misfit, tired of being a nerd, tired of being so unpopular and tired of being so imperfect.

I opened my drawer and took out my anxiety attack tablets and swallowed it with water.

Damn, I love Zac but how am I supposed to tell this to him. If he rejects me (which is 100℅ sure) then it will surely effect our 14 year old friendship. Yes exactly, our friendship is that old, we have been friends since Nursery and I am in my senior year now. Secondly, he has a very very very ( I think you get it ) annoying girlfriend namely, Veronica Hewitt, who will murder me if I even confess my love to him. Then there is again that thing of me being unpopular and stuff. And he doesn't even like me, if he would've then he wouldn't regret that kiss of ours.

My mind was about to think of more reasons of not confessing to him but I heard footsteps coming to my room.

Who can it be at such an odd time? I stood up and took a broom, what if there is a thief in our house? I slowly came towards the door. The door knob clicked and I raise my broom.

"Aaaaarrrrghhhh." I shouted with my eyes closed and I was about to hit the person with my broom when suddenly I heard another scream, of a girl?

"Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhb." It was louder than mine. I opened my eyes and saw Emma in front of me. I put my broom down and saw Emma glaring at me. I gave her a sheepish smile and she rolled her eyes.

"What's gotten into you girl?" She asked, definitely annoyed.

"Uhmm... I am sorry I thought there was a burglar in the house so you know? Um, self defense." I said and stood in a fighting position.

Her anger melted away and she started laughing, I laughed with her. We both sat on our bed and Emma looked at me seriously now.

"Why did you come early from school?" She asked me and I bit my lower lip. I have to lie to her.

"Umm... I was not feeling well so I thought that I can come home and rest." I gave her such a silly reason.

"What happened to you?" She interrogated.

"Nothing, just a mild head ache." I said nervously and Emma punched my arm, not a playful punch ladies and gentlemen but a serious one.

"Owwwww......" I rubbed my arm.

"....what's wrong with you lady?" I asked her angrily.

"No need to be angry with me, its me who has the right to get angry at you. I can see it on your damn face, you are bloody lying." She said and I bit my lower lip more fiercely.