1 - Shit!! The New Term Is Starting!!

I love how we're perfect for each other but hate how we can never be together.
••

I woke up with my alarm ringing the shit out of my ears. I looked up and sighed, I had studied till late night and god knows when I fell asleep. I got up and stretched myself, I looked at the time and saw that it was just 7:10 and my school started at 8. Uggghhhh, school!!! The first term starts from today.

Hello everyone, My name is Mia Salvatore and basically, I would be the girl whom you would see behind those big, ugly and nerdy glasses. Okay, so a big fact that would help you throughout the story of my ugly life. I am the most unpopular girl you would find in the whole damn West View High School ( yeah, that's my school's name). I am the one with whom the entire school would be ashamed to be with, you know because I am a nerd and the majority of the school comprises of those hot jocks and sexy cheerleaders. While I, on the side whenever a match is going on sulk playing my clarinet with the band members while standing on the bleachers. And um, about the whole school being ashamed of me and stuff, there are only 2 people who can never be ashamed of me.

The first is my girl best friend, her name is Emma Martin, she is the sweetest person you'll met in the whole damn school, if you are drowning in an ocean and even if Emma would be wearing her designer dress and a pair of Jimmy Choo's she'll not even think once and would jump in the ocean to save your life and I am not even exaggerating, she is a gem of a person. She is a fashionista, stylish chic who being so pretty and amazing still chooses to be a friend of an ugly girl like me, just because I had once shown her around the school when she was new and I love her, she's the best.

Now, the other person who would never be ashamed to be with me is my childhood best friend Zachary a.k.a Zac Bolton, the most popular guy in the whole West View (though he would always be annoyed but I loved calling him that). He's the most handsome guy you would ever see in the school. He has been with me since we were in kindergarten eating each other's lunch boxes. Sometimes I wonder, how is he never embarrassed of being with me! His jock friend's never make fun of me in front of him because there was this one time when Chris, his closest friend in the group had made fun of me saying that how can Zac stay with me, I look so ugly in those nerdy glasses and because of me his popular reputation has been going down and after Chris said that, Zac had punched him so hard that his nose had started bleeding and he warned Chris to never say something like that or else he would end up in a hospital. See, this is why I love him so much, he cares about me more than anyone, and um did I mention I also...uhm have a crush on him?

But never mind we can never really be together because first of all I don't fit in his category and second he as a very bitchy girlfriend and I would really not like to talk about her right now.
                                •••
I looked at the watch again and got shocked to see its already 7:30, shit, why do I speak so much. I rushed inside the bathroom. After 10 mins I came outside and started wearing my clothes. I put on a pair of black jeans and a red check button up. I wore my sneakers and tied my hair in a pony tail. Last but not the least I put on my big and ugly spectacles. Giving a last look to my awful looking self I rushed downstairs with my bag.

I was greeted with a big smile from my lovely mother.
"Good Morning sweetheart."
"Good Morning mum." I replied, opening the fridge to grab a granola bar.
"Breakfast?" She asked, but I nodded a no.
"Nope, I have to rush." I said kissing her cheek.
I heard a loud honk and ran outside.
"Take care honey."My mom said and I waved a bye to her.

I came outside and saw Zac waiting for me I quickly sat in his car. He started the engine.

"Good Morning." He said pulling my cheek and I groaned.
"Morning." I replied stuffing my face inside my bag, I took out my biology notes and started reading whatever I had done last night.
"What's this?" Zac asked pointing at my notebook.
"Aah, nothing I had just made some notes of the first chapter of bio, so was just reading 'em." I said casually.
"Uh, whatever, excited for the new term?" He asked flashing his smile which any girl could fall for. I smiled.
"What do you think?" I asked.
"Umm I don't know, you nutshell that's why I am asking you. Plus I am really excited for this term." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Dear Zachary, you obviously know that I am never really excited for new terms, they might be amazing for you, but for me, they just make me feel more nauseated." I replied sarcastically.
He sighed and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Come on Mi, maybe this term would not be as bad as the last term was. You gotta give it a shot" He said confidently while I started shaking my head.
"Never mind, Zac you say this to me every starting of a new term." I said and turned the radio on to avoid further discussion.

We reached the school in 10 mins and he parked his car in the parking lot.
I came out of the car and started walking towards the entrance. But he pulled my hand and I bumped in his toned chest. I looked up and he smiled at me.

"You are sitting with me and the group at lunch." He stated and I nodded a no.
"Nope, I am really happy to sit with Emma so I am sorry." I said plainly.
He let out a long sigh.
"What's wrong Mi? Why do you always decline to sit with me and my friends?." He asked confusingly while I bit my bottom lip in urge to keep quiet.
"I need an answer Mia." He was serious now.
"I don't want you to be embarrassed of me." I said meekly but it was audible enough to be heard by him.
He cupped my face.
"I can never be ashamed of you Mia, you are the only best friend I have." He said politely.
"Please sit with us and invite Emma too?" He asked in a tone I could never reject.
"Okay."
He smiled and instantly hugged me.
After a while he let go.
"See you at the class Mi-Mi." He said adjusting my glasses while I just smiled. Oh god, I love him so much, only if he knew. I thought and gave a sympathetic smile to myself.

With this I started going towards my locker, only to find the biggest hurdle in my life.
Veronica Hewitt.
                                   ---
So umm hey guyss. Happy New Year!!!! This was the first chapter of my story and I really hope you all liked it.
Stay blessed,
Criticism is welcome whole hearted!!
I love you all,
Aanya💖