5

It was as if I were frozen in place, I watched time rush past me in an unfazed and forgotten state. The maids were busy scrubbing dried blood out of my hair as I silently soaked in the tub. Usually I'd be embarrassed about being so exposed , but i had lost all feeling after the beating from Maven. A women helped me stand as they rinsed the soap suds off my body , i had to practically be carried to my room still to stunned to walk.

A blonde haired girl braided my hair down my back and then slowly slipped me into my undergarments. She went to my closet and picked out a flowing red gown and forced my uncooperative body into it . The women nod towards me with solemn looks on their faces and then quietly leave. I stared at the walls thinking to where along the road my life went wrong, there were too many mistakes to keep track.

A senital rushes into my room and pulls me off the bed and roughly to my feet, not taking care as the maids did. He snapped a collar around my neck and pulled me out of the room. The hallway was not one I recognized signaling that we are not in Whitefire palace . The walls are made of diamond glass , letting in light but blurring the outside world. I reach for my lightning due to the crystal walls , but am blocked. Silent stone. The collar must be silent stone, of course they wouldn't let me walk the halls with my powers I think to myself.

I stumble after the guard pulling me into a large dinning room with only a single table and two chairs. Maven was sitting in one with a smirk resting on his lips, making my skin crawl in fear. "You clean up nicely darling ." He says as I sit down in the seat across from him not meeting his eye. "And might I say the collar brings out your delicate features." He's expecting a reaction from me but much to his dismay he doesn't get one. I look at the food , my mouth watering . I can't remember the last time I ate , and I had grown used to the empty pit in my stomach . I scarf down the food quickly not enjoying the flavors because I was focused on the thought of having substance in my stomach.

I lean back in the chair after I'm done , satisfied with the meal. "Mare ." Says a soft voice. I look up to see Maven staring at me with an emotion I cannot place. "Yes your majesty ?" I answer back , the words stinging my tongue . "Cut the crap." He says bluntly . I just stare at him with hate. "What do you want ? " my voice shakes. "You have everything you could possibly desire for and then some , why must you keep taking from me?"

" That's the point Mare I don't have everything I want . That's why I keep taking from you." His tone is sharp and sure. " What do you want? " I ask , tears starting to form in my eyes. " I want you. " he says , his stare burning into my soul. " I want you, and everything you are . I want to know every flaw and imperfection on your body, I want to know every wound and fear that haunts your soul. I want you to let me love you , let me save you from yourself .His words leave me stunned.

I look at the ground ." I loved you once Maven . More than anyone in the world ." I hesitate slightly before saying the next few words. "And I will never make that mistake again." His eyes suddenly go dark and he flips the table in fury. He strides toward me and I jump up and back away to the door. "You hurt people Maven, you hurt me ." The cut on my head stinging, as a reminder to that fact. He grabs my face and I close my eyes in fear , waiting for the pain to come. Instead he collapses to his knees holding onto my hips like a life line, his tears wetting the soft fabric of my dress as his head is rested on my chest. We stay like that for a minute, him sobbing at my feet as I awkwardly stood against the door. My fingers made their way to the handle and swung the door open . I wrenched out of his fierce grip and ran through the hallway running away from the weeping boy who begged for me to love him. Because once I remember it was the other way around .