7

The next two weeks were full of bed pans and unpleasant tube feedings. I had just started being able to move again , but I was still too weak to walk . The physicians said that I would never quite be the same again and that the damage done to my nerves had been traumatizing. They say in a few days I'll be able to walk , but I will never be able to partake in any extreme physical  activities, such as running or dancing and anything that required exertion . They say I'm handicapped. Disabled . Trapped with no strength to break free.

Maven had visited me a couple times while I was on bed rest . I would always pretend to be asleep like shade taught me , as he silently watched me from a chair next to my bed.  This time when he visited I sat up on my bed staring at him with my large awake eyes.
"Good morning Mare." He said with a strange smile. I nodded still not giving him the honor of hearing my voice . He walked to the chair and scooted it in closer to my bed, I turn to him in response . "The doctors say your recovering nicely . " he states . "Not as nice as I would have if you gave me a healer." I try to sound menacing , but my voice cracks from lack of being used.

He chuckles darkly . "Well it did fix the problem of you trying to run away , didn't it ?" At those words I throw my fist towards his face hoping to damage his flawless skin. He catches my punch easily and grips my wrist tightly . "Your going to hurt yourself ." He said as though he actually cared. "Yeah but you do that for me ." I sneer  . He ignores my comment and then brings my hand to his lips. I remember . I remember his blue eyes shining brightly as he saw me step out of my room . I was in a ball gown that matched his tux . He lifted my hand gently  to his mouth leaving a kiss that gave me tingles all over . He pulled me close as we walked down the palace corridor and whispered something into my ear , something that sent my heart to the moon.
I remember ...

I don't pull away scared of angering him at time like this , at a time I can't fight back. "Let me kiss all your wounds better ." He says leaning in , his voice sounding deep and erotic. I pull back but he doesn't seem to notice . He stands up and then crawls on top of me , trapping me in between his arms. "Please." I said begging for mercy , this can't happen , not when there's Cal. He kissed my neck gently slowly moving down to the M brand on my collar bone , tracing it softly with his tongue . I try to push him off  me , but he pins down my arms, forcing me to submit. I whimper "please." At this he stops . He gets up and smooths out his hair, looking slightly embarrassed as he glances down at my frighten form.

" I want you willingly Mare." He spits. "And one day I will get you willingly." With that he leaves the room leaving me in a shocked and disheveled state. I  had never been so ashamed before. Was kissing Maven a horrible sin? Yes. But it's not an unforgivable one. An unforgivable sin is enjoying it.