Chapter 8

Adrien rushed to school the next morning so he would have to talk to Marinette.  All he could think about was Amber, but he didn't want to.  He keep growling at himself.  He finally got to school, trying to avoid any contact with Amber at all, but it seems he didn't try hard enough.  He slipped behind a corner only to bump into the girl. 
  "Oh I'm sorry Chloé."  He said as he turned back around and scanned the perimeter.  "Where is your sister?"
  "Umm, might want to get a good look at who you are talking to." The blonde smiled.
  His face went red in shock.  He jumped up and turned towards her and scratched the back of his head.  "Oh sorry Amber.  You look like Chloé at first glance, except your much prettier- I mean not prettier, ya look just alike, no more or less." His face grew redder. "Well I better go." He started to walk off backwards but she grabbed his arm and stopped him. Chills went up his spin.
"Awe come on. Why don't you stay here with me?" She stood up on her tip toes with an evil smile on her face.
"I really have to go and find Marinette, she must be looking for me."
"Let her look." She held his hand.
He smiled at first but shook it away. "No. Whatever you did to me! Take it away! I like Marinette and nothing will make me feel any other way!"
"Oh I can't take it away."
His legs began to feel week. "W-what? Then how."
"True love, of course, but I will take your twin instead." She looked at her fingernails.
"I don't have a twin."
"Oh that's right, I guess true love would have to do."
"You mean like a kiss?"
"Finally, you really are clueless, aren't you?"
"But Marinette has kissed me."
"On the lips?"
He thought and realized she hadn't, it was always on the cheek or the forehead. "Your right! I have to go find her! Thank you Amber!" He hugged her.
She noticed he was hugging her longer than he intended. "Um Adrien..."
"Oh right, well I better go." He turned to leave.
"Wait!" He stopped and turned to her. She quickly kissed him. "I'm sorry for trying to get you to like me instead of her."
"Maybe I would of started liking you, if you hadn't acted like Chloe and acted like yourself. We have known each other since we were little." He smiled.
"I guess I wasn't thinking."
  He smiled at her then leaned in.  They both kissed.
  "Adrien?"  A voice came from behind them.
  Adrien quickly looked. "No Marinette, it's not what it looks like! There was a love potion and queen bee... true love-"
  "Well I thought true love was real but apparently it doesn't exist in my fairytales." She ran off.
  "No Marinette!" He started to run after her but Amber stopped him again.
  "Adrien-"
  "This is all your fault." He ran.
  "Remember, TRUE LOVE!"  She yelled then started laughing.  "What have I done.  I should of known I would never get a guy, especially not him."  She whipped a tear from her eye the slid to the ground.  "Good luck Adrien..". She whispered then began to sob.