Chapter 5

This chapter is gonna be in Max P.O.V. it will also have a flashback scene and texting which both will be in italics.

The next day I was up bright and early since my father wanted me to be here for his photo shoot for running for senate. I didn't want to be involved but my mother forced me to, I was wearing the 3rd suit for the last official family pictures. I hated being used as a prop but that's what happens when your father is in politics. It was even worse growing up as a child.

"Ok, all your going to do is smile at the camera and hold your moms hand" my dads campaign manager said in the limo, I nodded and followed my mom out the car.

I grabbed her hand, and we walked to the stage where my dad was waiting for us. There was so many people, as I got up I saw some kids off to the side playing.

"Mom, can I?" I asked her, she gave me the same smile whenever I asked for something that she couldn't give me,

I watched the kids play, as the parents talked among themselves. I wanted to ask her again but she was busy listening to dad.

I let her hand go, and started making my way to them, I almost made it when someone stepped in front of me.

"See, now I didn't tell you to get off the stage. Now did I, Max?" dads campaign manager said,

"I just wanted to play with the kids" i said looking at him, he bent down to my level,

"You can't, you're not like all the other kids. Your dad is important so your important." he said explaining why I can't play with kids my age,

"I'm sorry Max, but that's the way it is" he told me, he while grabbing my hand, we walked back to the stage and I couldn't help look back at the kids playing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
How was dinner? - Max

It was fine, had two slices of cake 😍 - Brandon

Wouldn't expect anything less 😭😂😭 - Max

Hey, what are you trying to say - Brandon

Nothing, just pointing out your ❤️ for 🎂🍮🍩🍫🍰🍦🍪- Max

Says the man who 'doesn't like deserts' but steals it off another persons plate 🤔🙄 - Brandon

It was one... ok maybe two times - Max

I couldn't help but laugh, I liked stealing off his plate. He has the most adorable face when you steal his food.

"Who are you texting?" My mom asked,

"Someone" I said, she started smiling, I was about to say something when my dad started speaking.

"Is it true that Nick Piertorez is gonna invest in the company" he asked me,

"He has someone making sure everything's in order" I told my father, my dad was thinking before he said,

"He is a good businessman, he also has a daughter who is following in his footsteps" he said, leave it to my father to know about businessman and their families.

"I don't need relationship advice at all" I said, he stood in front of me,

"Do not ruin this election with one of your "relationships" he said, I glared at him as he walked away with my mother, before he turned back,

"Are you not going with us to the banquet" He asked, I totally forgot about it but told them yes.

When we went inside it was full of all influential people from all over, I was immediately surrounded by people because of who my father was. When I finally managed to separate from them, a females swarmed around me; flirting and trying to get my attention. As much as I would have liked this attention months ago now, all I was attracted to was Brandon.