Chapter 17

I been ignoring Max, which didn't make any sense because I love him too but my mind was in control now that my heart was slowing fixing itself.

I was in our month board meeting when I saw him walking in. He had a beard, he looked tired. He sat all the way on the other side. He never looked at me, or over my direction. And just as the meeting finished he was on do the first people out the door. My dad called me to my office after that.

"So Ryder Industries., will have a new person managing relations between our companies." My dad told me, as I walked into his office,

"What does that mean?" I asked him,

"He's basically quitting all public appearances with our company. He has someone else who will be working as a channel between our two companies." He said, I couldn't believe this. He confesses his feelings for me and leaves trying to end things.

"I'll handle it" I said,

"Brandon, he doesn't want you involved." My father told me,

"Too late, he's doing this because of me. Bastard, can't even say it straight to my face" I said as I walked out my father's office.

***

I drove to his building, I headed straight to his office. I know many of the staff knew something was gonna be happening, I looked at his secretary who smiled and nodded at me. He was in the bathroom in his office, I walked in and closed the door.

"Who the Hell do you think you are?" I said as he walked out his bathroom,

"Hello to you too, Mr. White; What can I do you for?" He replied back, that fueled my anger even more.

"What the Fuck Max" I said packing his floor, he opened up his laptop, not before telling me "language".

"You have some nerve, you hear me Ryder. You're gonna hire someone to be the "channel" between the company. What the hell does that even mean?" I yelled at him, he looked over his laptop at me, I never seen his eyes so void of any emotions.

"It will be easier for the both of us, if I were to slowly detach myself from your company" he said staring at me,

"Easier for the both of us. Cut the shit, just say it would be easier for you. God, I can't believe this." I replied back to him,

"You Bastard, you weren't even going to tell me. You told my father who had to tell me." I said, I knew I was pushing his buttons but I needed to see him fight. Fight for me, fight for us, fight for our love.

"You were the one who pulled away the minute I told you how I felt. You left and went with your family pretending that I didn't just confess my love for you just moments ago." He said standing up, I did it, now I had to follow through.

"You were the one who suggested being friends, you knew how I felt about you. Only reason I did it because I thought eventually you will realize that you still love me too." He said making his way to me,

"You're the one that's been avoiding me for the last two weeks. So instead of putting us both in pain, I'm going to detach myself from you. That why when you find someone better, I wouldn't have to see it." He said, he was standing a couple feet from me,

"Ignorance is Bliss" he mumbled, under his breath, I smiled.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to me. I was just about to kiss him when he pulled away.

"Don't, you're just caught up in the moment" he said sounding broken.

That's when my mind finally agreed with my heart. He was it for us, he would make us happy. He would fulfill everything and anything we ever desired and lastly he would always pick me first above everything else.

"Shut up, Stupid" I said, grabbing his face, his eyes said it all.

The kiss felt different, it had more passion and love then before. It felt right, he pulled me closer, and wrapped his arms around my back and waist.

When we pulled away, our foreheads were touching. I closed my eyes breathing him all in, he was holding on tighter. He kissed my forehead while I whispered to him.

"Don't ever do that again." I told him,

"I won't" he said before going in for another, this one had more desire and lust.

He pushed me against his table, his hands were roaming just before grabbing my ass and squeezing. I moaned while he started using tongue. When we finally pulled apart, we were both out of breath but that didn't stop him.

"God, I missed you so much" he said before kissing my neck, I could feel him excited.

"I missed you too" I replied right before moaning a little louder than before.

"Ok, I have to get back to work" I said moving away from him, I fixed my suit and hair. I turned back to see him checking me out. I grinned before fixing him as well, but when my hand reached his face he turned and kissed my palm.

"I'll pick you up for dinner" he said, as I finished fixing his hair.

"Let Rick drive, so we can continue" I told him,

"Since when did you start thinking like me?" He asked, looking at me with those hungry eyes I missed,

"After that mind blowing kiss, I'll see you later Babe" I whispered in his ears, rushing out the room before he could pull me back in.

"I'm going to get you back for that" he said, yelling out. I can feel all his staff watch me

"Sure, you will" I told him, silently laughing at him.