Chapter 20

He took to me a nice jewelry store, we 'looked' at rings. More like I was forced to look at them while he watched which ones I stayed on longer. Just as I was heading to get some lunch, I stopped on one ring. It was beautifully crafted, it was silver. I asked them to take it out. They did and it fit nicely. He came over, I showed it to him.

"This the one?" He asks me,

"This is it" I tell him, admiring my ring, he kissed my temple before looking at at a couple more rings.

"Can I see that one as well?" I said pointing to the titanium one. It was finished in black that would look amazing on his hand.

"Max, come here" I asked him, he made his way to me. I grabbed his hand and slipped the finger on it.

"It's perfect" he said looking down at his ring,

"We'll take them both" he said,

"Separate or together" the lady asked, we looked at each other.

"Separate" I said,

"Together" he said,

"Ok, you pay then Mr. Hotshot" I said as he took off the ring and gave it to the women. I handed her mine as well and she ringed us up. He was gonna grab the bag from her hand when I stopped him.

"Can you fix the size a little better, it fits nicely but I would like it to be a perfect fit on mine." I asked her while winking, she understood.

"We'll keep both of them so you can take at the same time" she said, Max was gonna protest when he got a phone call. He glared at me before heading to pick it up.

"Can you engrave Always and Forever on both rings?" I asked her,

"No, problem. What kind of font?" She asked, I wrote down on a piece of paper always and forever. I walked over to Max, tapping his shoulder.

"Copy, what I wrote" I told him, he was too engrossed in the convo to notice what he wrote. I handed it back to her, writing on the side which handwriting goes to which band. I handed her my card as well, she told me it will be done in about a week and a half.

"You ready, I have to head to the office" he said while handing her his card,

"Yup" I said, she gave the card back in a couple minutes. He dropped me off at my job, as I got out he pulled my hand.

"You're forgetting something" he told me, I thought for a moment before kissing his lips and then his head.

"Love you" he yelled out, checking my ass.

"Love you too" I mouthed back to him.

He told my parents and his a couple days after telling my siblings the day after we bought the rings. I found out when he took me out to a nice dinner with my entire family and his.

"I would like to make a toast everyone" Max said, silencing the entire table.

He pulled out a nice small black box from his pocket. I can hear the awws, and my mothers camera flashing. He opened it to show both our rings.

"I know what you did, I'll get you later" he said low enough that only I heard before clearing his throat.

"Brandon, I wanted you in my life the minute you walked through my building door. You made me smile, laugh, angry and humble. You understood me when other didn't and couldn't, you helped me fix what I didn't think was broken. I know it's only been a couple months and I already messed up once but I can promise you that I love you with everything I got. I will be making up for my mistake until I can finally forgive myself for hurting you. I love you always and forever, will you finally wear the ring and marry me?" He asked, sometime during his speech I was crying. He had tears in his eyes, and I knew I made the right decision.

"Yes, as long as we move. We need more space" I said causing everyone to laugh, I grabbed his face.

"Anything you want Baby" he said before kissing me, after we pulled apart he put the ring on my finger. I grabbed the box from his hand, slipping it into my pocket.

"Yours is later" I whispered in his ear while showing everyone the ring.

"Isabella, Mom, Ms. Maxwell" I said, looking at all of them,

"We would like you three to handle the wedding planning." I said,

"Not everything, I'll be putting in some effort but I need to close some deals" Max said, looking at them. You can see the excitement in all their faces.

"Do you have a venue or place for the wedding?" Mom asked me,

"France, were you two got married" I said, I grabbed his hand, turning to look at him.

"What better place to get married then in the countryside in France" I said, he mouthed 'I love you'.

"A destination wedding it is" Isabella said, I grinned while leaning into Maxwell who kissed my head and we both watched our families start planning the wedding.

**********
Later in the week, we had a date night planned but I was gonna have Maxwell panic and then propose.

I liked seeing him get angry, it made him more sexier which then lead to other things that I very much enjoyed even more.

He called me about 5 times, and has been texting me non stop since 7, and it's already 9. I finally texted him back saying I'm home.

I heard the doorknob jiggle; I took one last look at the table and my suit. He came flying in with all his rage directed towards me. I shielded the table with my body but sooner or later he was gonna piece everything together.

"What the Flying Hell is wrong with you?" He asked me, he dropped his bag on the sofa,

"I've been leaving you phone calls and text messages since 7, and you message me one line 'Come home', do you know how worried I was?" He asked me,

"Not to mention, we have a movie date today that we missed. You better have a good enough reason you hear me Brandon!" He said, folding his hand over his chest, I can see how angry he was. It was written all over his face.

"I love you" I told him, his face soften. I walked a couple steps in front of him. He saw what was behind me, he looked at me, I knew the tears were forming. I got down on my knee, and grabbed his hand.

"Maxwell Jr. Ryder, I hated your guts since college. You were not just arrogant, but a total fuck boy. Thank you for fucking the guy I like." I said, he laughed and I grinned,

"It wasn't until I was forced to oversea my father's nesting habit that I saw the true you. The man who was not just arrogant but also humble, the man who cares about his company more than himself. The man who has been hurt so much he built this wall around his heart that protects him from getting hurt more. I fell in love with you when you started pushing my buttons like no else can, I remember when you were so cocky with me, and I thought to myself who is this bastard gonna end up with" I told him laughing,

"Turns out it was me, I love you more then words can describe. I will always love you because you are my one true love. I know you can't forgive yourself for what happened but I have, because I love you enough to know that you will do everything in your power to make it up to me. So Maxwell Ryder, will you..." I was saying when he cut me off,

"Yes" he said,

"Leave it to you to cut me off" I said getting up and laughing, he hugged me. I pulled the ring from the box.

"Always and Forever" I said slipping the ring in his finger,

"Alway and Forever, Baby" he said before kissing me, we didn't get to the food at all.