Chapter 18

The dinner ended up being postponed until we found a better time for it. That didn't mean we stopped talking to each other. We called each other like clockwork that when it was finally time for the dinner. I didn't feel as nervous as I was when we first made the plan.

He pulled up in front of the building. Rick opened the door while winking at me, I couldn't help but grin.

"Had me waiting for so long" he said with a grin on his face in the backseat, I got in while he grabbed my bag to put him on the other side.

"Well, what can I say. I like taking my time" I said, we both laughed as Rick started driving to our dinner date.

"You got something on you face." He told me, he came closer to me and pulled me in for a slow sensual kiss.

I could feel it work all the way to my toes, before he could get carried away I got on top of him and we went at it. The car stopped and before Rick came to open the door, we both fixed ourselves and left the car.

We walked in, the hostess knew who Max was and had no problem flirting with him. It was packed with tons of people, but our seats were right in the middle of everyone. He grabbed my hand and helped me in my seat before getting into his.

"I'm going to kill you after this!" I told him, he laughed, causing more attention to us. I tried covering my face,

"Are you gonna order?" I asked him, he looked at me,

"What is it?" I asked him,

"You look beautiful in the light" he said reaching over touching my face. He smiled just as the waiter came over.

"I'll come back" he was saying,

"No, it's ok. We'll both get the steak, while I'll just have any soda you have while he'll get anything strong. Surprise us" I said handing him my menu, Max still didn't let go of my face, but handed the menu to the waiter,

"And bring the dessert menu when we're finished with our food. Make sure his steak is smaller and you'll see a bigger tip." He said to the waiter, who looked at me. He had one of his thumbs up.

"Yes Sir" he said leaving us, Max finally let go of my face but grabbed my hand.

He turned it around when he saw the scar, it was faint now. I was about to pull it away, when he held my hand tighter.

"I was in a bad place" I said, he looked up at me. Tears were forming, and I knew I had to stop it.

"I'm so sorry" he said,

"Stop, wasn't your fault. I'm better now, happier" I was saying when he let go of my hand. I knew it was gonna scare him when he found out but I made amends and I forgave him.

"Stop, it. It was a long time ago. I'm here now ok, in a couple of months it will be gone." I said grabbed his hand,

I wiped his face just as I saw couple make there way towards us. It was his parents, I tried to let go of his hand but he wouldn't budge. I signaled him to looked behind him but it was too late.

"Brandon, it good to see you" his father said, I was trying to get up but Max wouldn't let me.

"Maxwell, it's good to see your well" his father said turning to him,

"Seems things between you two are great" his mother said with a huge smile. I finally got up and hugged her, she was shocked but I know she appreciated it.

"I'm happy that my son is, I haven't been an ideal husband or a great father but I can say that seeing Maxwell turn into a fine man is something I'm proud of." He said,

"Thank you dad, it means a lot" he finally said, breaking his silence and hugged him. His mother had tears in her eyes and she mouthed thank you to me.

"Well, Maxwell you know that I would like this relationship to be more concrete. However I'll wait until the time is right for both of you. I hope to see you by our side during the campaign Brandon" his father said, confusing me.

"I'll have to see Sir, we both are busy" I said, before Max ruins it.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. Enjoy" he said leaving, his mother kissed his head and touched my hand before leaving.

"Foods here" he said, as he started digging in. I couldn't help rethink the conversation we just had.

"What what your dad talking about?" I asked him,

"Wanted the poster couple for his campaign" he said eating again,

"No, before that" I asked he stopped looked at me before starting to eat again.

"By concrete did he mean, like married or am I over thinking it?" I asked him, he didn't even look up at me, kept on eating his food.

"Maxwell Ryder, put your food down and answer me" I said, he put his fork and knife down.

"You know the answer to your question already" he said, looking into my eyes.

"We just got together, I don't want to get married" I said, Max flinched back.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. Not now that's what I mean. Maybe in a couple years from now" I said, he looked down at his food,

"Start eating before it gets cold" he said and just like that the conversation was over, I didn't even get any deserts. I just headed to the car, and we rode to my apartment in silence.

"I'm sorry, that I killed the mood. We can revisit this conversation later on" I said as I opened my apartment door,

"Actually, no. We're gonna talk about this now." He said, coming into my apartment, he took his jacket off, rested it in the hook and sat on the kitchen bar stool.

"We just started our relationship again, why would we want to rush and get married. We can't have kids so we have plenty of time to wait for things like this." I said as I got some water, that when I realized that he had bought my bag and a bag with him.

It was safe to assume that it was sweets, sometimes I fall more and more in love with him over the small things. However this conversation was not one of them, I do love him but I don't want to get married now.

"Do you not see a future with me? Do not love me enough that you can see us spend the rest of our lives together?" he asked me, I know what I was hearing in his voice but I can't let him persuade me at all.

"Yes, I can. I always thought of my future with you but I can't get married right now. Maybe in the future but not now. We been together for a total of about 6 months including the breakup." I told him,

"How long, a year?" he asked me

"Two years" he asked again

"5 years" he asked me, each time coming closer. I was just about to answer him but he turned away, before turning back.

"Ok, I'll wait however long it takes and I'll show you just how mine you are" he said whispering in my ear, I felt his breath on my neck and shivers going down my spine.

"One condition, you show me how, now" I said looking straight at him, he smirked at me before grabbing me. Kissing and pulling until finally we made it to my room, he loved teasing me. Took his time taking his clothes off, but my clothes were off as fast as he could take them off.

He showed me just how much he loved me, twice. Once on the bed, fast, rough and full of passion and lust while the second on the ground, slow, sensual and full of love and promises.