Chapter 9: Everlasting

I tried hard to remember what had just happened, I was at the hospital and yet I was looking at the sea, I could feel, see, and hear the sea all around me; and yet I knew that this wasn't real, I could hear muffled voices coming from every direction but I couldn't find the source. That is until the sky turned dark and menacing the thunder was so loud that my head began to hurt, and the waves started crashing against the jagged rocks. The once beautiful Sea that I had seen was gone and its place was a nightmare that seemed like it was never ending, I had thought for a while why I was here. But it suddenly hit me that I wasn't here at all this was just a nightmare that was until the sky cleared and at a distance I saw a shipwrecked on the banks of what looked like a tropical island. As I made my way towards the edge of the island I realized that there was a certain dread with each step that I took until I looked upon the true face of death, and for some reason I didn't know what that was. I looked around to see many men, women, and children who resembled me in a way, and then I saw my father in all his shinning glory staring directly at me. He looked sad, "I didn't wish for you to know of Death in such a cruel way my dear Rizna..." some of them looked shriveled up their face and hands weren't like mine or father's. I continued walking until I heard a choking sound, one of them had survived the wreck, and for some reason I was compelled to help him even before I saw his face and his clear crystal eyes. Eyes that saw the world full of resplendent beauty and who valued the life he lived, I truly wished to save him but my wish became my curse one that destroyed both our lives and our hearts. I traded my blood for his and my heart for his, but in the end a soul can never be traded it can never be bound to anything in this world. And yet I broke that most sacred of all the Immortal laws and I paid for that price in both tears and blood, I looked back to remember what my father had once said that we came to accept but one form a form which we despised the most. In the end our mortal counterparts were effected and bound in ways we weren't we became the greed of all humanity.

I suddenly began to gasp for air when I felt a hand around my neck and as I opened my eyes I saw a white light over me and a lady shinning something into my eyes, it had been Nurse Holly with a flashlight. "Oh! Dear you scared us all!..." I looked around to see a Dr. Reinor and my friend Arianna looking worried, "we thought you had died?" I looked up at the ceiling I really wasn't sure whether or not I had actually died, "it seems your vitals had suddenly fluctuated resulting in a minor cardiac arrest." Dr. Reinor said as he finished up making sure my vitals had been stabilized, and if I had to guess I was pretty sure that my father wouldn't take that long in getting here after he heard of what happened. "I tried calling your father Elise but it seems he was busy the call wouldn't get thru..." Now that was odd my father didn't seem all that busy at the company, "I'll try again later to make sure he knows so he won't be left out in the dark," something about her wording made me rethink the whole situation. I felt as if I was being left out in the dark there was something inside of me that was missing as if a piece of a 500 piece puzzle was missing. That alone irked me seeing as with one missing piece you wouldn't be able to see the whole picture that's meant to come together, "in the mean time I'm sad to say that visiting time is over." Nurse Holly said as she began to kick Arianna out, "I'll come visit you soon Elise..." she said as she was leaving although she was reluctant on leaving me on my own. "Well your vitals are stable for now...so we will take our leave as well, so that you can rest," Dr. Reinor began to make his way out the door when he said that, but he suddenly came back into the room to get a bag that was near my bed. As I looked at the contents in the plastic bag I realized it was sand, "sand?..." Nurse Holly came to my side and began to explain that they used the sand for when patients vomited so there wasn't such a mess to clean up. She then left after explaining but I didn't buy that for a second, and as soon as she was gone I got off my bed and to my surprise my bare feet touched the cool wet hospital floor. Only that it wasn't supposed to be wet but I realized they hadn't cleaned up all of the water and sand that was on the floor. I realized that I had coughed up sand and water my mouth felt grainy and it smelled like the Sea from my dream. Although now I was doubting that it was anything but dream, and maybe I was crazy enough to believe in what that man had said about me being reincarnated again and again. I was so lost in thought that I hadn't seen a man come into my room, I was surprised by his looming shadow over me. I felt a bit of fear until I saw his face, "Hello Elise..." his cool husky voice was like silk, "hello?...Who are you?" he smiled although his eyes didn't smile back at me, "I'm a friend of your dad's I work with him my name is Heinrich Von Bueren I take it your father might have mentioned me before." I shook my head since dad never speaks about his job or the company he has, "anyways there's some place I'd like to take you if that's okay with you my dear." I felt a bit creeped out, but regardless I wanted answers and being here wouldn't help me. "Ok, I'll go with you if you take me to the Sea," he smiled, "you must have read my mind that's where I was planning on taking you today." I looked away for a second, "taking me?...it sounds more like you plan to kidnap me," he laughed, "what Albrecht doesn't know won't hurt him."