Chapter 20: "Goodbye."

IMPORTANT: READ BELOW
Guys, welcome to the last chapter of Sunny and Moon. I can't thank you enough for supporting me through this story. It certainly has been hard, but today, I will have finished my first story. Now, since this is the last chapter I wanted to do something special, which would be adding music to the story. Please listen to it while reading. (You can use Spotify to make this easier.) Once again, thank you!

•••
SUNNY AND MOON - NEW CLAWS // CHAPTER 20
•••

Ruby and Carson walked arm in arm into the centre of the battlefield. Head held up high, Ruby sprinted through the fighting rogues to get to the rogue who saved her. She saw so many people fighting... and wondered: was it for her? Or for the sun wolf? Or maybe for the pack? Had it always been like this? Fight after fight?

She kept running. The fire-eyed woman had her claws and fangs out, kicking one of Pyrion's followers in the stomach.

"HEY! YOU!" Shouted Ruby.

The woman turned her head to Ruby and with a quick move pinned her to the wall, only to realize it was only her.

"What do you want!" She hissed, releasing her. Ruby couldn't help but massage her neck. "You sounded just like one of Pyrion's follow– I could've kill... nevermind. What is it?"

"Carson. My friend." Ruby panted.

"I told you he was going to be fine." The woman rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. "I'm busy here!  If you don't have anything important to say, just leave." She turned on her heel and began to walk away.

"Wait!" Ruby cried, seizing her arm with a quick move. The woman turned her head so-ever-slowly, emphasizing that she just didn't have the time right now.

"He is worse than I thought. I had to basically grab him up here. Cuts all over his body– bruises too– and he's a great fighter. We can't leave him. Please– he'll be useful, just–"

"Just what!" The lady cried, suddenly pushing Ruby out of the way, and punching (and knocking unconscious) a bad rogue.

"I need the sage!" Cried Ruby. She glanced over to Carson, who was trying not to get involved in the battle while wounded, hiding behind whatever he could find. He was grabbing his arm with great pain.

"Ruby! I told you it's just for important matters–"

"It is! It is important! He is important. Please, save him." Ruby sighed desperately. Why did this woman have to be so stubborn?

"Fine. You owe me." The woman popped out the solution and slid it into Ruby's hand.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Ruby gripped the flask with great happiness. "Oh, by the way, what's your name?"

"It's Amu. Amu Berlin. Now get out of my way!"  Amu pushed her aside and ran into battle, leaving Ruby in the middle of it all.

She had no time to waste. Ruby sprinted back to Carson, pushing through the people. She did get a few kicks in her legs, but it was fine. What was better, Carson would be fine.

"Carson!" Ruby cried, crashing into him. She held him in her arms.

"Ruby. Huh. Great. Let me just... sit down." Carson grunted as he slid down the wall into the floor. "I'm good. Do you have it?"