Chapter10

Yoongi's pov~

"Maybe we can do this again some time." Seon-ok smiles as she hugs Y/n.

"Yeah, maybe." Y/n says with a smile that I can tell was fake.

"See you around." Seon-ok's boyfriend says then they get in the car and drive away.

When they're out of site I turn to Y/n but before I can talk she does.

"I can't keep doing this, Yoongi." She sigh.

"Y/n.." I begin but once again she speaks.

"My job contract said nothing about pretending to be your girlfriend. I'm not interested in doing this any longer." she says.

"I'm sorry. I knew this was wrong but I was selfish, I'm sorry." I say.

"Let's just work how we're supposed to, okay. If this kind of thing happens again I'll probably have to quit." she says.

"Am I really that bad?" I ask and she looks away from me.

"No but.." she trails off.

"But what?" I ask.

"If we continue on I might begin to have feelings for you and I don't want that. It's unprofessional plus you're my best friends supposed douchebag brother. It wouldn't be good to have feelings for you." she says and words get caught in my throat.

What she said caught me off guard.

"So let's just go back to a boss and assistant relationship." She says and all I can do is nod.

Part of me felt the urge to tell her I couldn't do that but I couldn't quite understand why.

I'm old enough to know if I like someone but with Y/n it's different.

She's my assistant and my brothers best friend.

That would never work out...Would it?

"Could you take me home?" She asks.

I simply nod before my mind can come up with anymore assumptions.
..
When we get to her house we get out of the car and stand there for a moment.

"So we're on the same page now, right?" She asks as she glances over at me.

"Actually." I start.

"Actually what?" She asks, eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm not sure I can do that." I say finally.

"Not sure you can do what?" She asks.

"You write stories about this type of thing can't you figure it out?" I mumble and her eyes widen a bit but before she can reply someone else does.

"What did you just say?" I hear and we both turn to see In-jung standing there with bawled fists.