- R E F U G E -

It took a while before I could convince Barbs that we're okay and that she should go back home - she kept throwing death
glares at Yago,  who, on the other hand, hasn't stopped apologizing yet for going ballistic on me earlier.

She even made me promise to call her - saying - in her own words, if and when "Yago turns all psycho again."

I agreed just to appease her.
Though I know I don't need to.
I won't ever need to do that at all.

Then we were alone.
Everything is calm and quiet now.
Another storm has come to pass, for us.

And as we lay on the bed, facing each other, Yago slowly pulls me closer to his chest and plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

He kept mumbling how sorry he was over and over again, until Mr.Sandman finally claimed him...

I could hear the slow and steady beating of his heart... It's like a sweet lullaby.

This is where I want to be, where I want to stay - surrounded by his warm embrace.

I slowly eased up to gaze at his face.
He looks so tired and almost drained but I still couldn't help but smile at how angelic he looks - stubble, ink, piercings and all.

He may be all rough around the edges but there's a lot of good in him, his heart is fluffy - like a marshmallow.

I've had a rough time growing up, unwanted, rejected and threatened every single day... I couldn't even remember how many foster homes I've been into, schools I've transfered in... memories that are not worth keeping...

I have always lived in fear.

Until I met Yago.

And for the very first time in my pathetic excuse for a life...

I felt safe.

I don't ever want to loose that feeling.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt him slowly moved, nuzzling my hair.

"Dei... don't leave me okay?" He whispers.

My heart fluttered and danced.

I looked at him, he's talking is his sleep again.

"Okay..." I whispered back.

"I love you... so very much."

And I cried.