Chapter 9: To the Crystals

We we're so happy to be on our way. One of my friends, Aylie, was with me. She is also a human. She and I were talking about what kind of lightsaber hilt we were going to make. We already had it in our minds how we were gonna make it.

I had my bag with me, I don't go anywhere without it. I had my fake hilt with me.

***

I was wondering around the academy when I saw a large stick lying on the ground. It surprisingly had a very sharp knife beside it.

I took it back to my quarters and started to carve away. And somehow, it turned out like a wooden hilt. It was comfortable in my grip. That was when I realized that i knew that this hilt was the one for me. The way that it felt in my hands was the feeling of serenity. So that is how I will build my hilt with wood and metal.

***

All the while me and Aylie were talking, the ship neared the ground on a cold, desolate planet. We all got a warm and soft parka, a winter coat, to wear.

You could hear the wind blowing from inside the ship. You couldn't see anything outside. "Alright, students. Today you will each overcome fears that you have. Don't be afraid of anything. You can have partners and search for your crystal. Some of you might have to break off from your partner," Luke told us. "Be mindful. Finding a bunch of crystals, doesn't mean any of them are yours. Use the force and let it guide you to your crystal. We will enter a large ice cave, and you will meet me back in the cave once you have found your crystal. I will retell what I am telling you now once we are inside the cave. Understood?"

We all nodded. We were all ready.

We walked out of the ship when the storm was starting to let up. The wind and snow were still blowing, but at least we could see where we were going.

It was morning when we got to the cave. There was ice at the top of the entrance of the maze, where we would get our crystals. That ice was slowly coming down over the cave entrance.

Luke went over everything she said. I decided to partner up with Aylie. But then decided that it would be best if everyone went on their own to find their crystal. We agreed to stick together until one of us sensed a crystal.

Aylie sensed hers first. I hadn't sensed mine yet. I agreed to help her with hers, then we would go and find mine.

***

"I wonder how everything is going at the ice cave? Everyone was pretty excited to find their crystal. But some were also very nervous," Ben said to to his Nautolan friend Tegan. "So, they won't be back for a day or two?"

"That's correct, Ben. Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay," Tegan assured him.

Ben went back to his quarters. He felt nauseous for some reason. He didn't know if Alona would be okay on her own. What would happen to her if she didn't make it out of the cave in time? What if she used the dark side to get what she wanted? Would she be okay without him or Luke?

Tegan was walking near Ben's quarters when he felt stress coming from inside. He walked in and sat by Ben. "Are you okay, Ben? You seem a little tense. What's wrong?" The boy asked.

"I'm not comfortable with Alona being on her own in an ice cavern. I'm worried that she will be trapped in there," Ben confessed.

"She will be fine, Ben. So will the other students," the Nautolan assured him.

Ben still wasn't satisfied. If she was trapped in there, he would blame himself for that. He wanted Alona with him, where he knew that she was safe.

***

It was nearly dark when I sensed my crystal. It was near me, but it wasn't the one on my necklace.

The cave became very dark. I saw something red. Three lightsabers. One normal size, two small on the sides. I didn't know what to do. I saw a vision of a crossguard lightsaber. It's owner was wearing black robes and a black and silver mask. They held a red crossguard lightsaber. They were on a desert planet. Who was this?

I snapped out of my vision and fell backwards, hitting my head, blacking out.

Who was the person in the mask? What were they doing on that desert planet? Is the person someone that I know? Is it me?