Chapter 8: The Secrets That Will Break Us

Trent's POV: 

12:45pm. He's still not up. He should be up by now. I look around at the rest of the guys, sitting nervously in the meeting area, waiting on Leeson's orders. He's not our boss or anything, he just likes to think he is and make us do stuff. I can't disagree with him, it's not worth the hassle. I'm not brave enough. He stood infront of us by the whiteboard and Saved wall, twiddling his fingers as he lent against the desk. This atmosphere was getting more awkward by the second as we waited on what to do next. Taron would usually be up and awake by now, he never sleeps in this long. He must've had a long night out, if you know what I mean. Of course I know what I mean, but the others don't. Secret number 1. 

"Right who's gonna go wake him?" Leeson asked us all, I guess he'd had enough of the patient waiting for all of 15 minutes. I looked at Roman to the right of me, if I couldn't speak up for myself I know he'd do it for me. He was like my brother, my other half. Like a substitute twin I shouldn't have. It was great, I appreciated him alot. He glanced in my direction, looking as nervous as I felt. I should really tell him what I know about Taron and Rose. The others can wait for now. To the left of me was Lucky and Jaxxon, neither of them bothered as to what was going on right now. Lucky was leaning back in his chair, finding it hard to stay awake by the look of it. Jaxxon was doodling, or colouring, whichever of the two he really enjoyed doing recently. Of all the tech we have here, we have never had mobile phones. We don't need them, or use them. 6 Years in hiding really does separate you from the real world. We were mostly 16 or 17 when we went on the run from our homes, at that age we'd be lucky to have a TV in our rooms. I have no idea what kind of technology could be out there now, just outside that door. Within our reach. Leeson would know of course, but I dare not ask him. I'm not scared of him, I'm just scared of the confrontation. We still hadn't decided who had the hideous task of waking the sleep monster. I hoped it wasn't me. Taron was a nightmare to wake up. Horrendous. 

Just as Leeson opened his mouth slightly to reveal his verdict, Taron's bedroom door slowly squeaked open. He emerged, rubbing his eyes, mask still on. No shock there, he always wears the bloody thing. He was shirtless, apart from his sleeveless hoodie over him, but it still wasn't fastened up revealing his many tattoos. He was covered from neck to the bottom of his chest, and all over his arms. It was an iconic look I was jealous of. Every single doodle or word meant something to him. Whether it was a favourite phrase or animal, to pictures of things he's experienced. I have to say though, my favourite tattoo does involve myself and the others; as he has all our names tattooed on his right forearm. The perks of having an aspiring tattoo artist in your gang, that's what occurs when you hand Jaxxon a tattoo gun. They're amazing though, he's very talented. We all had tatts, apart from me of course. a 'pussy' is what Jaxxon called me.

"What the hell are you playing at?!" Leeson shouted over at him, as he slowly made his way over to the rest of us smirking. Here it comes, the lecture for the day. "We're meant to be having a meeting right now Taron! You've put us all behind by sleeping in, I've gotta go to work in 10 minutes! What the fuck kept you up so late that you had to sleep for that long?!" 

Taron said nothing, he just looked over to the rest of us boys. I couldn't help but wink at him, only I knew at that moment what the reason was. I felt empowered. This normally doesn't happen. I'm never in the loop with gossip. I'm usually left out, but not this time. Oh no, the tables have well and truly turned on them. I feel like I have the power now. 

"I dunno, I just needed a break I guess." Taron answered. "I can't be on my guard 24/7 Leeson. We're not superhuman!"

"Doesn't matter!" Leeson wasn't taking any of it. "Where were you last night? Why were you out so much later than all of us."

He now referred to the crowd watching this showdown, us. I could see what he was trying to do here, turn us against Taron. That was not going to happen. If I had to take sides right now, I'd take Taron's, for sure.