I Can't Believe Your Still With Him

~Ciara

I put on a fake smile as we walked hand and hand into the grand banquet hall. You would think that after two years I would be used to this, but i'm still not. I could never get used to all of the stares Lucas and I get whenever we walk into a room. Not because he was white and I was black no, It's because I don't belong in his world. You see for some strange reason, I feel rich people can smell poor people. Pick us out in a crowd and snub us. Those were the type of looks I got while Lucas, well he got a whole different set of looks. Ones of envy, admiration and respect. "Come here Baby, let me fix your bow tie." I adjusted it as he rest his hands on my hips.

"Smile Ciara." He leaned his head down so we were eye to eye.

"I am."

"No, Bae a real smile." He kissed my lips and I smiled wiping my lip stick off his soft lips. "Theirs that smile I like to see."

"Promise you'll dance with me tonight." I always ask him to but he never does.

"You know I don't like to dance, but I'll see." He held my hand as we walk through the crowd of staring eyes. I smiled as other women drooled over Lucas, i'm fine as long as they look and not touch. "Baby, I see Kevin in the corner, wait here for me." He walked away leaving me to sit alone at our table. A waiter came by and I grabbed a glass of champagne.

"I can't believe your still with him." Adrian took a sip of his brandy as he sat down next to me. He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek and I could smell the liquor on his breath.

"He's not that bad." I told him looking over at Lucas as he worked the room.

"The man is an asshole." He sat his empty glass down.

I smiled at his words as I watched the man I have loved for more than two years. Evan though I would never admit it to Adrian, I too was surprised I was still with him. "So for the millionth time. Why do you hate Luc so much?"

"He knows why." He took a small fragrance bottle out of his pocket and handed it to me. "Smell this Butterfly." Adrian's family owned a Make up and Fragrance Company, he is currently working on a new line called Second Skin. The samples I have tried so far have all impressed me, I am very proud of him.

"I really like this one." I put some on my wrist. "Umm Adrian, I would wear this. What's it called?"

"It's unnamed, I would like for us to get together later. I have a question to ask you, but for now." He took the bottle out of my hand. "Dance with me before the asshole comes and takes you away." He led me out on the dance floor. We blended in with the crowd of high society and caviar dreams. Beautiful ball gowns glisten under the lights and music played softly in the background. I glanced around trying to figure out why I was even here, i didn't fit in this world. I was a girl that was brought up in the foster care system and bounced around from house to house. And than all that changed the moment I literally ran into Lucas. The moment I hit his car with mines, changed my life. "What's on your mind?"Adrian spun me around. " You have a far off look in your eyes."

"Just thinking about my life." My left hand rested on his strong shoulder as he held my right. Adrian was truly a sexy man, his brown eyes went perfect with his brown hair. I love his smile and the way he laughs. But truth be told he was no Lucas, no man could ever compare to him. Dark black hair and sea blue eyes, that made me want to skinny dip in them. The way he makes my body feel should be against the law and I would be glad to go to jail from it.