29

Michael paid no attention to anything around him as he looked in the window to see a sleepy, drugged Ashton nodding slowly to what a doctor was saying to him. Ashton sat up straight with a bandaged arm, his ankle propped up, and multiple cuts around his face.

"It wasn't your fault." A small voice spoke, making Mikey jump slightly at the unexpected voice.

He sighs as he looks down at the wide blue eyes staring up at him. "It was, baby." If he hadn't asked Ash to go get groceries that never would have happened. Mikey just leans down to kiss the subs head before he looks back to Ashton only to see Ashton looking back at him with a small smile. "I'm going to talk to him, do you want to come in or stay out here?"

Luke didn't have to think about it before he shook his head. "I'll stay out here, I don't really like hospital rooms." Luke almost shuddered at the though of being in a tiny room.

The dom furrowed his eyebrows, making a mental note to talk with his sub about that later. As for now his main concern was his best friend. So, with a guilty heart he grabbed the door handle and stepped in. He waited till the doctor left and just looked at the broken boy in front of him.

"Hi." Ashton gave a weak smile as he looked at the blonde boy. "Mikey-"

"How are you? Wait-that was a dumb question." Michael was nervous as he thought Ashton would be mad. "How bad is the pain?"

No matter what that small smile never left Ashton's face regardless of the circumstance. "Not terrible. My arm is broken in three different places but they've got me on the good drugs so it's okay. "

The uninjured boy just nodded as he thought. "What happened? They said it was a hit and run?"

Ashton frowns as he nods. "It was but whoever it was hit me on purpose."

And though Mikey thought he couldn't be anymore confused, he was proved wrong. "What? Why do you say that?"

He frowns as he shakes his head. "I swerved out of the guys way once and then he came back."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows as thought about that. It didn't make sense did it? Why would someone be after Ashton?
And then it clicked as he looked at his friend since childhood. "I know what you care about most, Michael," the voice from the phone call had stated. "And I plan on destroying that one thing."

They weren't talking about Luke. They were talking about his best friend who now laid in a hospital bed.

"Ashton," Michael started as he paled and looked at the boy with big eyes.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Ashton chuckled lightly as he looked at his friend.

"The phone call...t-they weren't talking about Luke."

Ashton shook his head as he looked at Mikey curiously. "What are you trying to say-"

The chance to finish his sentence was cut short by a shaky voice. "You. They were talking about you, Ashton."

A/N: short chapter cause my friend made me post. Love you all!!Xx