Chapter 14- awkward

My head starts to hurt, spinning.

I feel myself drift away from the world.

But before I even faint, the name pops up in my head easily, and all the memories that come with it.

Louis Tomlinson.

Skade's POV

"I have high standards for a relationship you know." I wink, trying to be flirty.

"I know." Harry smirks, with me on his lap.

"So, what movie is this called again?" I point to the tv.

"The notebook. Why? Making your eyeliner run?" Harry winks.

"No, I have waterproof makeup on. But, it's so sad." A tear runs down my cheek.

Harry try's to comfort me by somehow hugging me a little awkwardly.

"Crap it's 3:32. You must go." He says, pushing me off his lap.

"What? Why?" I say.

"You, are uh, don't you have work?" He stutters.

"Harry, it's a Saturday. Who has work on a weekend?" I say, putting my hand of his shoulder.

"Right. Just," he stops in the middle of his sentence and starts looking at nothing.

"Come on Harry! We haven't even cuddled yet. That's the best part of this visit." I say.

I was raised in a very appropriate community so, we only cuddle with our clothes on. But I would always wonder what would happen if, we just cuddled like normal people do. I've always known Harry was the dirty one, but since he respects my decision, he raises me like a princess.

"Fine. 15 minutes." He finally speaks.

"Okay." I say somewhat excitedly.

We enter Harry's bedroom and just lay there.

They're wasn't even a single cuddle. Just laying in Harry's bed surrounded by his very pleasant smell. "So," Harry says awkwardly.

We just stop talking and lay there, looking at the ceiling.

Awkward.

Eleanor's POV

Louis freakin Tomlinson.

The man who I rejected just because of my stupid memory.

I loved him. But then he was dating someone else.

So I tricked myself and say, I don't like him anymore, I moved on.

But, it didn't work. No matter what I do, those beautiful blue eyes, are always in my memory, no matter how hard I try to forget.

I flutter my eyes open and find Louis, sitting cross legged beside me, waiting for me to wake up.

"What happened?" I say.

"You fainted. I'm not sure why, but you do look cute when you sleep." He says somewhat sweetly but I still find it really creepy.

"Listen Louis-"

"How do you know my name when I don't know yours?" He says in confusion.

"You do know me!" I say, frustrated. "We met before. I think around 2 years ago. You were dating, a girl named skate I think."

"It's actually Skade. And, is it so?" He says in amazement. "A girl with long term amnesia sure does have A wonderful memory.

"Wait what?" I say, with a surprised look on my face.

He nods with a smile. "You're special."

My cheeks feel flushed but I focus. "What do you mean?"

"You don't know? Long term amnesia is rare. It's when a person gets memory and when she wants to delete one thing, she deletes her whole memory, like a USB. Then she starts recollecting then the cycle goes over and over again. I don't know how you people survive it, but it's like having more lives in candy crush." He says.

The smile he had before turns to a frown. "But, once the brain can't take anymore, it starts to slowly die around 25 years old."

I widen my eyes.

"I turn 25 in 6 months." I tell him.

"I said Around. The longest a long term amnesia being has ever lived was 54." He says, happily.

"Ah, I see. So you're expecting me to live when I'm 54?" I say sarcastically.

"No, Just, we're trying to find a cure, and we calculated in your genes that out of all the people we experimented with, you are the one to live the longest."

"I never remember you being a scientist." I say.

"I'm not. I'm an assistant." He says so smartly.

I nod and the awkward silence comes upon us.

"How long do you think I would live?" I say.

"Around 32 years old." He says with no emotion on his face.

I nod as if I'm amazed, which I'm not, considering I'm going to die pretty soon.

"So, we're experimenting on you, to see your actions and how the brain reacts. Soon, we will lead to a cure and you might live longer then normal people, but you can still die." Louis says, all scientific. "Yet I still don't know your name."

I roll my eyes. "We've met before. Think about it! I broke up with you because of Styles.

"Harry Styles, the boy who broke up one direction, and my favourite job." He says, all despised.

"Harry said you did it." I say, confused.

"No, it was all him. He just wanted to act all nice Infront of cameras." He has a frown on his face.

"But what could be your name?"

"Eleanor." I say. "Eleanor Calder."

He nods which leads us to silence.

Awkward silence.

"Have you ever tried frozen yogurt?" He says.

"No, why,?" I ask.

He acts surprised, as if I never drank water.

"You must come with me." He says, grabbing my hand like he used to.

I get a little worried, even though it's just my ex.

"Look at the time! It's 3:58. I should check on my boyfriend." I say, trying to grip off his hand.

"Wait Eleanor!" He says, running to me.

"Here's a note, it says it's for you." He says, pulling a walded paper out of his pocket.

He runs back to his car, waving me goodbye.

I open the paper. It's very old, I can tell, maybe before their third album:

I remember our first dance, it was the best song ever.

You became my story of my life, my Diana to light a fire inside your eyes.

At parties, you gave me midnight memories, all the partying we've done together, you and I.

You were always insecure about yourself, don't forget where you belong, in my heart.

When you wore that little black dress to my birthday, the room just lights up.

You take me home, you make me feel alive.

I want us to live together so happily.

With no little white lies, so we can make something great.

Because, if we break up and you date another man, does he know?

I'm just saying, I love you.

"I love you too." I say out loud.

I look around to see if he was still there. His eyes were fixed on to mine.

Awkward.