Chapter 11- Truth

Tears fill my eyes and Harry looks at me, wide eyed, with his beautiful but betraying eyes.

"Eleanor." He says, as if he just stole something from the vendors.

Selena can't bare look at me, and goes in a stall, regreting what she just did.

"Harry. I trusted you." I say, letting my tears run down my cheeks.

"Eleanor-"

I run off. To cry somewhere. Not in a bathroom. But outside. Which was stupid considering it was a windy day and my lungs would die. But I wasn't thinking straight.

I open the door. I feel the breeze hit me.

My facial expression goes blank, as if I lost all my memory.

But I didnt. My heart my still beating, just pounding instead.

I trip over the stupid carpet and someone catches me.

Not Harry or Liam or Louis or Niall.

But Zayn.

"Hey you idiot." Zayn smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I say, confused.

"I'm your guardian. I do what guardians do." He says, pulling me to my feet.

"Thanks." I say, coughing because of the amount of dirt I got on me.

"You should change your bag." Zayn says, unclipping the bag.

"Why, why are you being so nice to me?" I say, as Zayn fixes my tube.

"Come on. Why not?" He says, making eye contact with me.

"I-i." I stutter, being distracted by the beauty of his eyes. But I find the words. "Because, you tried to kill me."

Zayn chuckles. "The government sent me to do that."

I widen my eyes. "Is the government trying to kill me?"

Zayn chuckles even more. "Oh El. Always gullible. Don't you notice why cameras always follow you? Or why your 'friends' come and go? Like Liam was suppose to? Don't you question why you're more, how do I say this, Perfect then everyone else?"

"W-what do you mean by perfect?" I ask, while he pulls me closer to him, while I get to my hospital room.

"Perfect memory, no one can remember that much in 3 months after you just had amnesia. And, you have perfect hearing, you can breathe underwater, and most of all, you have the perfect complexion."

Zayn caresses my face for a moment then we enter my hospital room. "Think about it El." He continues with his game and I cover my body with the blanket. All nice and cozy.

Harry walks in, and I make no eye contact with him.

"Look Ellie what you saw there-"

I innterrupt. "Don't call me Ellie."

"Eleanor. What you saw there was nothing. I was-"

"Were you putting on a play later?" I say sarcastically.

Harry stays silent, with his head looked down.

I feel the tears run down my cheeks. "Why did you do that?"

"I-i, Because, I can't tell you." Harry says.

"Then you're wasting my time." I rudely say.

Harry looks down and closes the door behind him.

"Look Buttercup. You didn't have to be so harsh on the man." Zayn says, turning off his phone.

"Well, he was harsh on my feelings." I say, not makin eye contact.

Zayn walks beside my bed. "Eleanor, look at me."

I turn my head to face his beautiful eyes. 

"Harry was forced to do that. He didn't want to, but if he refused, he would lose the love of his life. You." Zayn says, holding my cold hand.

I get shivers down my spine, if it was still functioning.

"Look, you've gone too far. I must tell you." Zayn whispers, so no one can hear.

"You should've told me a long time ago." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You, you're an expiriment to them Ellie. You're perfect. They made you. They want to make a new race of immortals. but once they're done with the whole mission, you, you, you never live again." I could tell Zayn didn't want to say it, but he did.

"So, once everything's all finished, once they figured out how to make another, I, get destroyed? So, you're saying that I'm just a test dummy to them?" I shout angrily.

Zayn keeps quiet. 

I see Harry looking out the window, hearing our whole conversation.

"Harry." I say.

He opens the door, then closes it.

"So, you can forgive me?" He asks.

I nod and we hug.

"But, what about my lung cancer?" I ask them.

"They're wondering if an immortal will survive the sickness of cancer." Harry says, putting an arm around me.

"But, why?" I say.

"So they can deal with it in the future. You're the first immortal. It could be centuries until they're done with you." They say.

"But, I don't want to be a test dummy." I say, sitting up.

"Then you don't want to live." Harry says.

"You should get some rest. You leave the hospital in the afternoon." Zayn says, leaving for me and Harry to get some privacy.

"So, were you suprised when you figured out?" He asks, holding my hands.

"No. I mean, cameras were following me everywhere. I guess I was a little suspicious." I smile weakly.

me and Harry's face are centimetres away from each other.

This is it. A real kiss.

"Sorry to intterrupt." The doctor says, we both turn around.

"But Calder should really get rest." The doctor says, moving Harry away.

"Can, I sleep here?" Harry asks.

"Sorry mr Styles, but no distractions today. She needs as much rest as she can get." The doctor says, emotionless.

"I'll see you around." Harry says, giving me a blow kiss.

The door closes and I feel goosebumps run down my skin.

I've, my whole life, been used as a test monkey.

By the people I use to trust with my identity.

I, I'm used. Being used.