Chapter 16- learning to love again

Eleanor's POV

I've been tied to a pole with Harry and Skade.

"Should've just went home" she mumbled.

I roll my eyes and see someone familiar standing Infront of me.

Liam Payne. He might've come here to save me. But, why is he here?

"Liam? Why are you here?" I say, confused.

"How do you know my name?" He says, he turned different. He speaks a little different.

"We, we used to date before you left." I say, disappointed.

"I don't recall our meeting sweetheart." He says like Zayn.

Zayn. Like the boy who saved my life, not like a boyfriend, a brother.

Harry finally gets up and puts a hand over Liam's mouth. I hear him whisper something, but Liam twists Harry's arm until I hear a crack.

"What was that?" I say furiously.

"Self defense." Liam says with no expression whatsoever.

"Liam, what happened to you?" I say with tears filling my eyes.

"I never changed." That familiar tone before he had to leave. But it doesn't matter now. He doesn't even remember me.

The scientist interrupts our conversation. "Sorry love birds but-" he stops in the middle of a sentence, as if he just thought of something." You know what, I have a better idea in mind." He whispers something in Liam's ear, and my eyes glue to him.

Two muscular guys grab me and Liam but the wrists. They push us in a small closet, only for two to fit and a poorly lighted ceiling is the only thing helping is to see.

"You guys will stay in here until you agree to get along." The scientist shuts the door, with nothing to hear but our breath.

We stay silent. We don't know each other like we use to. They did something to him. To believe, I'm the bad one. Now, all I have left is a cheating Harry and a creepy Louis.

"Come around here often?" He asks.

"Excuse me?" I'm in confusion, trying to rephrase what he just said.

"Do you come here a lot?" He rephrases.

"Who does? It's in the middle of nowhere." I say, with my arms crossed.

He has a small, cute chuckle. "I come around here often."

"Oh." The word was basically a breath, just disappointed about what happened to Liam.

I slam the door. "What the hell! I'm hungry!"

No respond from the wooden doors. Liam doesn't seem to enjoy himself either. He started playing with his fingers, making puppets out of them.

"We can't survive here. There's no water, food and there isn't that much oxygen." I complain, with sweat on my forehead.

"This cabinet contains 8% of humidity! the face needs 20%. The human brain can survive with 8% of humidity. We can live without food for a week if we wanted to. " Liam says, all smart.

"What happened to you when you left?" I say, changing the subject.

"I never left." He says, looking at his nails. Right now I'm saying in my head little white lies little white lies.

My head hits the wall of the closet and my head starts to feel heavy again.

"L-Liam." I say, touching my head.

"Yea?" He says, looking into my eyes.

Those eyes. The eyes I remembered ever since one direction was formed. But what does it matter? He won't even remember our first date.

"I-I think I'm going to faint." I say, trying to keep balance but fall in Liam's arms by accident.

We look at each other, like we did before. But it was awkward now. "Uh, I uh, sorry," I say, getting off of his toned arms.

"No, it's fine." He says, pushing my head back in his arms.

"Why, are you doing this?" I say, not understanding, looking at the ceiling.

"I still have to care about people. Like you." He smiles.

I feel somewhat awkward but comfortable back in his arms.

"Sleep. You need it. Especially in your case." He says, giving me his sweater.

"Uh, thanks, I guess." I say, awkwardly.

He tucks me in somehow and let's me sleep in his arms for a while.

Liam'S POV

I really hate to do this Eleanor. I really do. She's so sweet and-

What am I talking about? I hate her remember? I need her brain, not her heart.

The closet door slams open and I see my boss, smirking.

"Oh good, you got her to sleep. Let's begin then, shall we?" He smirks even wider.

I sigh a little then carry Eleanor.

"Let her sleep in her bed for a while. I guarantee she will not wake up." He says, motioning me to put her down.

I nod and put her in the bed, tucking her in.

The boss leaves, I have to follow. I look at her sleeping face for a while, so cute. I whisper in her ear, "I'm sorry." And leave the room, letting her sleep in peace.