Chapter 4

"So you just moved in?"

Ashton and I were still in our spots, drinking our drinks and eating our food.

"Last year," he replied.

"Were you still living in the states?"

He shook his head as he sipped the last of his smoothie.

"No, I lived in Europe. I was actually born here and raised here but then I moved to Europe and just last year returned," he explained further.

"Wow, Europe? That must've been nice," I commented.

London, France, Spain, Italy.....who wouldn't find that nice?

"Yeah it was, but it wasn't my finest experiences," shrugged Ashton.

"You didn't like it?" I asked confused.

"I was moving from one country to another. Changing schools, meeting new people, saying good bye to those I just met. It was nothing nice."

The look on his face was different from any looks I've seen on him. It was like he was living those moments again, feeling hurt and angered somewhat.

"You like it here?" I changed the subject.

Ashton adverted his gaze to me, as he was staring at his smoothie.

"Kind of," he admitted. "It's somewhat hard to come back and find your place again. The memories just rush back," he mumbled.

I didn't know what to reply to that. Something must have happened to him that strikes at his memories and feelings whenever he mentions his life here and in Europe.

"Anyway," he shook his head. "What about you?" He was smiling now, arms crossed as he leaned back.

"Me? I'm boring ol' Sam. Never have been out of her hometown," I replied sarcastically.

"Wow," he chuckled.

"Yeah. I've always dreamt of traveling. Visiting London, Paris, Italy, Spain, maybe Brazil. I don't know," I smiled sadly.
I once had those planned, it was my supposed fifteenth birthday gift...but he never was able to reach that day.

"You okay?"

Ashton suddenly touched my hand which was laying on the table. Looking at his soft, manly hand on top of mine, I couldn't help the shudders that were erupting through my body.

"Sorry, blacked out for a second," I mumbled.

"I always wanted to visit Africa."

I looked up to him grateful he didn't ask any further.

"Maybe Kenya. Something different, other than big cities with cars and monuments."

I smiled at this. He really is different. Who would want to go to Africa and not Europe? It was amazing the way he thinks and has a steady mind on things.

"Wouldn't you want to roam through Europe and South America?" I wondered.

"Well, I lived in London, then moved to France in Lyon, from there I moved to Spain, Madrid, and lastly Italy, Rome," as he ticked off every country he lived in in Europe, my mouth widened by each.

"Wh-Y-W," I stuttered.

"Yeah, I know," he smirked.

"You actually lived there?"

He nodded.

"Everyone of them?"

Nodded again.