9 | The Amazing World of Alcohol

"Why are you so excited?" Luna laughed, eating my candy stash in my nightstand. I stopped pacing around my room like a crazy person and turned to her. "Because! Luna, you should be happy for me that I'm actually excited for a party-like scenery!"
     "I am," She laughed, "When you texted me I thought you were lying."
     "Anyways, when are we leaving?"
     "10:00." She checked her phone. I nodded.
     "Is Cole coming? Oh, my bad, is Isaiah coming?" I smirked as I put clothes into my bag.
     "Isaiah is coming, " She rolled her eyes, "And please be nice to him, for me."
     "I will, I will." I sighed.
     "Where's Em?"
     "Downstairs." Luna rolled her eyes.

     Emerald was coming to the cabin with us. Long story short, Luna couldn't come unless Emerald came.

     "I forgot to tell you something!" Luna beamed.
     "What?"
     "Okay, so remember Skylar? Plays soccer with Justin?"
     I nodded.
     "Justin invited him." She grinned.
     "Luna! Why?"
     "What? I thought you'd be happy."
     "I told you he was cute. Nothing more."
     "You haven't liked anyone since seventh grade, Daisy."
     "I don't feel the need to like anyone."
     "Well, do you still think he's cute?"
     My cheeks heated up.
     "Kinda," I confessed, "You better not try anything."
     "Okay, I won't."

     Skylar Taylor: Senior at Grant Hill High School. Blonde short haired and blue eyed, tall boy. Plays soccer. Very cute.

     I always thought he was cute. Ever since freshman year. He's never paid attention to me. I've seen him at parties. He was always playing beer pong. We talked a couple times, only in Art class. I have no idea why Justin invited him. Do they even really talk?

Few Hours Later

     Sitting in the middle of Skylar and Luna was interesting. Skylar was singing every song that came on with everyone and made actually very funny but stupid jokes. Luna was also singing every song and recording everything. Tristian was in the passenger seat and Justin was driving. Skylar and Justin seemed like good friends. India, Emerald, and Stella were in a car behind us. Stella kept texting me how annoying India was. More people were going to drive up there later. We were about five minutes away from this cabin and I was ready to get out of this damn car. I was squished for three hours. "Hey, Dais," Justin looked at me through the rear view mirror.
     "Yeah?" I scrunched my eyebrows as he turned the radio down.
     "I forgot to tell you that you're rooming with India."
     "Wait, what?" This boy.
     "You're rooming with India, but you'll have Luna." He attempted to cheer me up while I grimaced and crossed arms.
     "It'll be fine. She will be gone before the weekend ends." Luna said.
     "What's this plan?" I ask.
     "You'll see."

Seconds later, we arrived at the cabin and it was huge. "It's fucking freezing." Skylar got his bag out the truck.
     "It's late fall in Michigan. And we're. . . in the mountains." He chuckled and walked into the huge welcoming-looking cabin.
     "He thinks you're cute." Luna beamed while carrying a huge plastic bag filled with 200 red solo cups.
     "I highly doubt that." I grabbed my bag and adjusted my black overalls and white shirt with embroidered blue roses.
     "You know how good I am on picking up signs!" She yelled as I walked to the cabin. She was right.

About two years ago, I went to one of Luna's cheer sleepover things and it was that point in the night where everyone spills secrets. Talked to your crush, kissed someone, or had sex—the secrets come pouring out. Luna told me a cheerleaders boyfriend thought I was hot at the sleepover. I asked her how does she know, and she said because "she picks up on signs". I helped him with his geometry homework twice. He was giving me that look. The look that a person gives you when they're infatuated with you. I've only gotten that look once, from him. I think his name was Ivan. Long story short, he almost kissed me in front of his girlfriend. She almost killed me but thank God I can run. She doesn't go to Grant Hill anymore.