Subconscious Chapter 2 ~ The Plot

LIAM'S P.O.V

I listened to Megan's story for about an hour. She explained everything in detail, and when it got bad, Louis had to leave the room. Once she finished, her eyes sped around the room, scanning for something. 

"What are you looking for?" I smiled, despite the unsettling feeling in my stomach.

"Guitar." She muttered, pulling a pick from her wallet.

I showed her to my guitar and allowed her to take it back into the living room. She began to softly pluck the strings, beginning a beautiful song: an original actually. (This is Save My Heart by Jason Reeves)

"I want what I can't have.

I wanna make you mine

I don't what it takes.

I'm fearless with my heart.

I'll take it any place.

I don't care if it breaks.

I wanna tell you things I'd never tell myself.

These secrets hurt like hell, oh." She sang the opening beautifully as she carefully strummed my guitar, her blue eyes lighting up. 

When she finished her song, Louis and I clapped. "Why did you need a guitar so suddenly?" I asked, watching her set the guitar cautiously on the floor.

"It calms me/her down." Louis and Megan said at the same time.

I laughed at the two best friends, watching as they turned to each other and smiled. I grabbed three glasses of water and made three sandwiches and brought them into the living room. We ate and laughed; it relieved me, watching Megan laugh genuinely. I could tell her past troubled her, but I knew Louis could help her through anything. I heard a knock on my door, startling us. I walked over and answered it, not expecting to find him standing there.

"Liam?" Harry questioned. 

"Yeah, Harry. This is my house. Why are you here?" I asked worriedly, not opening to door all the way.

"I heard Megan and Louis came over here, didn't they?" He smirked devilishly. 

"They left already. They didn't stay for very long. Goodbye, Harry." I tried to shut the door.

"Any idea where they might be headed? I have an important question to ask Megan." He seemed sly, but I didn't buy his act, so I lied.

"They're on their way to the airport. They're going to London on vacation, actually. They stopped by to pick up something they left last time they were over."

"Do you know which flight?" He smiled cunningly.

"Nope. But I know they're leaving at 5." I lied, earning a laugh from Harry.

"Thanks, Li!"

"Anytime, Harry." I shut the door so hard, I rattled the house. 

"Who was it, Liam?" Megan smiled, finishing her sandwich.

"It was no one." My face flushed red as I lied again.

"Liam, you suck at lying. Now tell me who was at the door." Megan's voice went stern.

"It was Harry." I sucked in a breath, and I felt my muscles tense. 

Megan stood up and paced back and forth, making my heart sink into my stomach. I now knew what he did to her, and that disturbed me. My old best friend, from our boyband had turned sour over the years. At 23, I still felt scared of what he could do. His reputation with women had always sucked, but I never thought he would reduce to this.