Subconscious Chapter 6 ~ Safety

LIAM'S P.O.V

I smiled up at Zayn, watching his dark brown eyes flutter open. He flashed me a smile and stood up, glancing around the hotel suite.

"So it wasn't a dream?" He muttered, looking down at the tan carpet. 

"Nope." I looked at him sympathetically. "It must have been hard doing that to Harry: especially after all these years."

"It was the right thing, Li. There were three lives at stake: possibly even five including Niall and I. We were scared of him. He beat us."

My heart broke at the sight of Zayn's soft gaze. He put his hands behind his head and paced back and forth, ripping my heart out. I saw a tear fall from his eye, followed by more and more. I looked over at Louis, Niall and Megan. Niall and Megan laid on Louis, both of them draped over him. Niall began to thrash in his sleep, yelling. 

"Harry, please don't do this to me." He begged subconsciously. 

"Niall wake up." I heard Louis mumble.

*Niall's dream*

"Harry, please don't do this to me." I begged him, looking into his devious green eyes.

"I know we both want this." His voice reduced to a low growl, his eyes clouded with lust. 

"Harry, no!" I shouted, feeling tears in my eyes. "You're so much better than this, mate." I tried convincing the curly haired boy to unlock the door to his bedroom. 

He just nodded at me, tears welling up in his eyes. "You don't love me, do you?" 

"Harry, of course I love you. I just don't want this." I began to slowly stand up.

"Don't leave, Niall." Harry's bipolarity showed, making me feel sorry for him.

"Harry, I have to go. You'll be okay. You'll wake up tomorrow and realize this is wrong. You'll figure out that you never wanted to do this to me." My heart fluttered with relief as he turned the lock on his door, leaving me free to go. 

I stepped out into the dimly lit hall, my hands shaking. My body had never felt this strangely before; I had all of these emotions welling up inside me: sorrow, pain, happiness, stress, relief, fear and love. 

*end of Niall's dream*

NIALL'S P.O.V

"Niall wake up." Louis mumbled, tearing me from my nightmare.

I sat up abruptly, looking around. "It was just a- a dream." I muttered, standing up.

"No it wasn't, Ni. Tell us what happened." I must have woken Megan. 

I told everyone my dream, watching their faces contort in disgust and disbelief. "You're lucky you made him stop." Megan began to cry, her body cringing at the memory.

"I hate him for what he did to you, Megan. I really do. I can't believe I ever looked up to Harry. He was like a brother to me. He protected me for the longest time. It's pathetic. I used to love him!" I shouted, anger scorching my insides. 

"But, Niall just think. We're safe now. We're all together. We've forgiven everyone here. We can start over." Zayn rested a hand on my shoulder. 

I heard a faint buzzing sound, resembling that of a phone. Zayn reached into his pocket, a smiling creeping onto his face. He answered the call, his eyes lighting up with joy. He put the phone on speaker; I recognized the voice as Officer Daniel's.