Subconscious Chapter 3 ~ Landing in London

MEGAN'S P.O.V

Once we landed in London and thanked Paul for the flight, the clock read 11:30pm. I flagged down a yellow cab, and it screeched to a halt. I gave the driver the address of Liam's flat in London, and the driver nodded, not speaking. Once all of us sat down in the back seat and shut the doors, the driver locked the doors and pulled onto the highway, driving fast.

"No bags?" An Irish accent filled the small vehicle.

"No. We rushed here." Louis smiled, oblivious to who he spoke to.

I kicked Louis in the shin, feeling my heart drop into my stomach. "Ouch!" He whined.

I pulled out my phone, the screen's glow lighting up my face. I sent Louis a quick text, not wanting the driver to hear what I had to say about him.

To: Boobear(:

lou the driver is niall... didnt you recognize his voice?? hes gonna know liams address now. this was probably all part of harrys plan. we have to take another cab to a hotel... and pay for a room with cash... you cant trace cash as easily as a card. we have to be quiet for the rest of the ride... got me??

I saw Louis's face light up when his phone received the text. He responded to me, his thumbs quickly dancing across his screen.

From: Boobear(: 

okay love.. ill fwd this to li to make sure he knows.. ur so smart babe. ily. we can get you out of this mess... it doesnt matter what i have to do for you

I smiled at Lou's kindness, and watched him forward the message to Liam. His phone lit up and his eyes scanned the message, his face dissolving into shock. Liam replied to both Louis and I.

From: Leeyumxx

i thought thats who it was... this is insane.. harry must really want to talk to you...

To: Leeyumxx

im sure he wants to do more than talk...

From Boobear(: 

dont worry megs were gonna get u out of this crazy thing

Louis groaned loudly, clutching his stomach. "Easy on the gas there, man."

"Sorry, it's late and I want you guys to get where you're going." Niall had no idea we knew about him.

"On second thought, could you drop us at the nearest gas station or something? I need a bathroom. We can manage from there." Liam said, his voice honest and true. 

Niall nodded, a purple streak in his hair flashing in the mirror. We pulled into a gas station and walked inside, seeing that Niall had no plans on waiting up for us. The yellow cab disappeared into the darkness, its red tail lights fading from eyesight. Louis bought two candy bars: one for me and one for him. Once he paid, he handed me a Hershey bar wrapped in shimmering brown paper. Liam grabbed a Pepsi and a bag of chips before walking out into the chilling autumn night. 

"I'll call someone to come get us." Liam smiled at me.

"No! Don't use your phone, Li. They can track that. Zayn's the smartest one in Harry's little group, and he can find us if you make any calls or texts-" I stopped short. 

"Take the batteries out of your phones now!" I yelled, realizing how we had sent texts earlier.

"Why?" Louis questioned.

"Just do it!" I pulled out my battery and went back into the gas station.

"Can I have a Ziploc or something?" I asked, receiving a gallon size Ziploc. 

I walked out of the mini mart and instructed the boys to return their batteries to their phones and to turn the phones on. "Delete everything. Wipe the memory completely." I told them.

I dropped the three cell phones into the bag and closed it almost all the way, leaving a small opening. I blew up the bag so it would float. I walked over to the edge of the street and lifted up the metal cap to a sewer system. I dropped the bag down into the deep opening, hearing it splashing into the contaminated water below. 

"Why'd you ditch our phones?" Louis whined.

"That bag is gonna float. If they track us, the phones will be moving downstream in the sewer, and they'll follow the signal they put out. It's a decoy, Lou. It's a distraction. We bought time." I smirked proudly at my idea. 

"That's genius!" Liam exclaimed.

I blushed and spotted a large hotel building, barely a block away. "We can walk there and stay for a while. It's vacation time, boys." I smirked, breaking into a jog as I crossed the street and walked on the sidewalk opposite from the gas station. 

Louis and Liam soon joined me as we made the short travel to the hotel. We booked a suite and paid in cash, as planned. Louis and I shared one of the two beds as we slept. I pulled off my leggings and Louis's sweatshirt, along with my sweater. I slipped Lou's hoodie back on and crawled in bed beside him.

"Goodnight, Liam." I smiled before turning off the lights.

I nestled my head into Lou's chest and kissed him goodnight.

"Sleep tight, love." Louis smiled, kissing me back, his soft lips planting a kiss on mine.