13

I stare into the mirror with a mixed look of disgust and horror. I haven't been sleeping properly within the past few days due to the sudden growth of anxiety I formed. It doesn't help as the weather is cold and my skin becomes an ungodly pale, the dark bags of purple setting under my eyes. For the time being I deny the access of guests to visit, Nurse Heo bringing in a note attached to a container of strawberry milk - most likely from Wooseok, a sympathetic look on her face.

"Nurse Heo," I call, she turns back around and stands at the foot of her bed, her waiting eyes gesturing for me to continue. "Do you think this new medicine will help me?" She opens her mouth to speak but closes it as she tries to form her sentence.

"Do you want the medicine to help you?" She asks back, this time leaving me perplexed at her question. This question was commonly asked by doctors, but this time it sounded unfamiliar and strange coming from her mouth. "Will you be open to this change?"

"I'm scared," I meekly tell her, she nods in response. She moves closer and sits at the edge of the bed, her attention still focused on me. "I'm worried of what happens when I get better and no longer in the hospital's care. I don't know if I'm able to face reality."