21

The two boys were flustered as they left, Nurse Heo quickly rushing to my side to aid me.

"Eunhee," She sighed as she waited. "I'm so sorry." She helps me back up before leading me towards the bed, my breath still caught in my lungs. I was unable to form sentences as my breathing prevented me, Nurse Heo trying her best to soothe me. "Should I put in that you will not be accepting visitors for the time being?" Without second thought, I nod in response, Nurse Heo excusing herself while she goes out to make the request. For the remainder of the day I go without saying a word, none of the staff tries to force me to speak as they respect my actions.

Later that night I fall asleep in hopes the reoccurring dream will reveal more knowing now that he is real but sadly it plays out the same way, and this time I don't feel like waking up to cry.

The next morning Nurse Heo decides to accompany me as we head to the school to drop off completed assignments and pick up the new ones, the routine familiar. The woman at the desk looks the same as the last time I saw her, she ended up complimenting the two of us on our similar appearance - I guess she thought I was related to Nurse Heo.

"Your daughter is absolutely lovely, very diligent as well." Nurse Heo doesn't bother to explain as it would've been wasted time, instead she thanks the woman. A wave of anxiousness washes over as the main office seems empty at this hour, the sound of small talk and typing replacing the silence. We walk out of the office in silence as we head towards the main doors of the building, the sound of trailing footsteps catching my attention. Before I find the time to turn around I feel a tap at my shoulder, my eyebrows knitted in confusion as I saw who it was.

"Eunhee, can we talk?"