26

The following day I was approached by Dr. Jung who had asked how the medicine was working and if the side affects had been bothersome. I responded truthfully, I did not want to cause trouble no matter how much I wanted to revert back to the old medicine. Dr. Jung was pleased to hear about the progression, Dr. Jung asking how I would feel if I took other medications. I told him the current medicine was enough for now as it was a big transition for me to step out of my comfort zone. He respected my decision as he placed his pen back into his coat pocket and said his goodbyes.

The room is filled with silence as I continue to sit in bed, without second thought I pull off my covers and head towards the window, my feet dragging across the cool tile. I stare outside long enough where I was unable to notice what went on around me, footsteps sounded throughout the room. My eyes trail against the floor to find the owner, my eyes staring dully. Without hesitation his face goes pale upon seeing me, my current state reflecting as distraught and unaware. His footsteps slow as he approaches me, as he nears closer he shrugs off his jacket and drapes it over my shoulder. Half of it touches the floor as his jacket accommodates to his height, my petite size a contrast against him. No words were exchanged as he pulled me closer to him, his hand rubbing against my back as he creates soothing sounds. I eventually stain his shirt as I begin to cry, my breathing stiffening. I feel wetness hitting my head, my first instinct telling me to look up. I watch as tears brim his eyes as well, his nose turning a light shade of red as he tries to wipe his eyes. No warning was given as I rest my head against his abdomen, his presence alone reassuring.