Chapter 12

Yay an update! Sorry to keep you waiting.

Chapter 12
Bellas POV

Night fell across the land. The stars were shining bright behind the trees. Just a few more steps and we will be at the doors of the Dukes Castle.

But after the Queens dragon, we needed rest.

It wasn't far, I could see the castle in full view, lit up with lanterns.

Gus and the other dwarfs latex out there blankets under a large tree to camp for the night.

It was cold in the snow, the huntsman had built a fire in the centre keeping us from the cold. Although you could still feel your body heat turning cold by the minute.

"You have a good aim, Princess." The huntsman's voice was loud and clear.

I stayed quiet looking up at him.

"Thank you." He says.

"Well I did save your ass." I smirk.

He sat down beside me, but left a normal sized gap between us.
"You know, your tougher than you look."

"Well, I was raised In a castle."

"And I was raised in a village." He takes a sip of his water.

"And I was raised in both." A sudden voice said from behind us.

The huntsman was quicker on his feet and pulled out his knife.
My heart started to race as I squint through the darkness to make out the person.

"Who are you." The huntsman growls.

"I could as the same thing to you." The voice said, obviously a boy.

"State your name." The huntsman growled again.

"Hold on a second- Isa is that you?"

My breath hitched back in my throat, the blood in my veins running faster than ever. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like maybe there was hope. Hope that we would get through this.

Only one person in my life has ever called me that.

"W-William." I blurt out placing my hand over my mouth.

He comes in the light, but the huntsman is close by me still clutching the knife with his hand.

"Isa, your alive? Your alive!" He says shocked.

Tears fall out my eyes. I ran to him embracing him into a hug. His arms wrap around me and I finally feel safe.

"I thought you were dead."

"Everyone thought I was dead." I say back to him.

A voice behind me spoke. "Okay, once we are done with all catch up chapters of your lives, we need to get moving at dawn."

I pulled back from my childhood best friend and glanced at the huntsman.

He was slightly glaring at William and looking closely between us.

"So your William." He finally says breaking the silence.

"Yes, and you are?" William says holding out his hand.

The huntsman took it, shaking it.

I was too, waiting curiously for what he would say.

"We are headed for the dukes castle." He says.

I frown. Why does he have to keep his name a secret?

"I'm on my way there too. I heard the queens army is looking for a lost prisoner, seven little men and a huntsman." William says.

"We leave at dawn." The huntsman says firmly like he didn't listen to what William had said.

What was the weird change in attitude?

"Don't worry about him." I say to William once the huntsman was back sitting down next to the fire.

The seven dwarfs were still sound asleep.

"It's okay." He shrugs. "She locked you up? All this time?"

I nod. "And now she wants to kill me. Just so she can have her throne."

"Where did you meet him." William asks pointing to the Huntsman.

"Uh, he was meant to bring me to the queen. But since she didn't bring back his sister, he broke the deal and we ran." I tell him.

"Did he know, straight away?"

"No. I didnt tell him. He worked it out himself after a few hours. Then we ran into the dwarfs. Well actually we were caught in a trap. And now we are here." I explained.

William had changed over the years. His brown chocolate eyes and his grubby hair reminds me of the small childhood we had.

"What are you planing on doing when you get to the dukes castle?" He asks.

I looked into the distance.
"I haven't thought of telling them yet." I say.

"But, I think they can help us fight back." I smile.

"Fight the Queen?" He questioned looking a bit concerned.

"Yes." I say shivering at the cold wind. "I have to win back what is rightfully mine."

Vote and comment 😊