Chapter 8

That day went by very slowly, which I didn't mind. After the terror that I had just witnessed, I was happy to get a small spasm of relaxation.

Peter decided to show me around, and I felt like I was traveling through a maze. There was an endless array of hallways and rooms that were big enough to be houses on their own, and I still felt a strange sense of de ja vu. Something about this place seemed....familiar. 

I was suddenly jolted out of my thoughts by a chorus of voices. I grimaced a little, not too pleased that I would have to listen to them once more. Peter looked over to me with concern. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked, and I nodded in reply.

"It's just a bit," I paused, racking my memory for a good word to describe my struggles. Terrifying. "Difficult to adjust, is all." 

"Alright...but seriously, if you need to go back to your room or-"

"I'll be fine." I put a smile on my face, trying to make it seem as genuine as possible. His worry turned to excitement as he led me down a hallway.

"Great, because there's a few people I want to introduce you to."

Oh God....people? Actual living people?

I reluctantly followed Peter, not entirely sure I wanted to meet these 'people' he had mentioned.