Notching Arrows

Walk This Way - Aerosmith

"Did you give Clint his medicine?" Araceli yelled from the other side of the house. I held back a groan and I slipped on my flannel. Entering the kitchen, I pulled out one of the chairs and sat down. Setting the white converse down on the floor, I picked one up.

"Yes, Celi!" I exclaimed back, slipping it onto my foot. 

"Did you give him his food?"

I sighed and looked at Clint. He licked his flews, staring at me from his dog bowl. I tied my shoe. With a sniff, Clint went back to eating his food.

"Yes!" I replied back, putting on my other shoe.

"Good! Who's picking you up?"

"Lydia said she was." I stood up. Walking over to the fridge, I opened the freezer up. Now, what to eat? "Hey, Araceli? Where's the acai smoothie packets? I think I'm gonna make an acai bowl for breakfast. Do you want me to make you one too?"

"It should be there in the freezer! And yes please! With strawberries and granola on top." Araceli walked into the kitchen, tying her waves into a high pony. "I'm heading into work earlier today. Spence already left. Said something about needing to tell you something when you get back from school."

"Oh, do you know what it is?" I asked, gathering the ingredients to make the acai bowl. I opened the packet of the acai.

"Of course I do." Araceli smirked, bumping her hip into mine.

"Well...can you tell me?" I egged on, pouring the acai into the blender. I poured some water into it. Putting the lid on, I turned on the blender.

"No can do. Spencer and I wanted to tell ya together." Araceli bit her lip, going to the fridge to get her Voss bottle of water. She bought it once and she has been reusing the bottle ever since.

"Is it at least good news?" I popped the lid off the blender and went to go grab two bowls.

"I sure hope so." Araceli went to grab two spoons. I poured the acai smoothie equally into the two bowls.

"I hope so too. I don't think I will be able to handle any bad news." I shrugged, putting some granola into the bowls.

"Has Deaton said when you should take Clint back for his check up and drainage tube, yet?" Araceli got the strawberries and started to cut them up.

"He said he would remind me in about a week or two." I put some coconut flakes into my bowl, knowing that Araceli hates coconut. Araceli divided the cut up strawberries into the bowls.

"That's good. Now, c'mon. This looks to delicious to eat and Lydia should be here in a few." Araceli placed the spoons into their bowl. She grabbed hers and went to the table. "Eat up."

"So you don't know what it might be?" Lydia asked me, adjusting her purse as we walked the halls.

"Nope. Araceli said its good news, so there's that." I shrugged.

"Well that's a good thing. Good news are always great." Lydia smiled.

"Yeah. Is it bad that I'm kind of nervous?" I anxiously bit me lip. Lydia and I walked around a group of students taking over the mid-section of the hallway.

"I don't think so." Lydia shook her head.

"Where's Alli? She's usually here by now." I furrowed my eyebrows, looking for our tall huntress.

"Good question." Lydia pursed her lips, scanning the hallways. She stopped and tilted her head, nudging me.

"What?" I looked at Lydia confusedly. Lydia pointed towards the entrance to the school. My eyes widened as I saw Allison frantically looking around. The two of us walked over to our friend.