September 24, 2021

Hey mom,

Mori is a daddy now. The rehab place let him out early since he agreed to weekly therapy sessions, and he'll start taking care of baby Aiko. She's adorable, mommy. I really wish you could see her.

Kyoya will be a dad in February, I think. Why did they wait so long, mom? Why didn't they get married and have kids when you and daddy did? I mean, u guess you and daddy had loved each other for a long time already. I don't know.

Renge went back to France. Daddy promised me we'd vacation there to see grandma when spring break came. It's funny, mom, how she was really sick when daddy was little and yet she's the last surviving grandparent I have. Remember when we lived with her for a year after I was born, and then you got sick so we had to come back to Japan? I don't, but dad's told me stories about it. I even read about it in yours and his letters.

I forgot to tell you that Alois is visiting. It's currently spring break in America. It's still Winter here, though. He brought a letter from Olivia. She couldn't afford to come. Alois came with his maid because his dad was too busy to come.

My daddy's never too busy for me. Why does his daddy ignore him? Or, when he isn't ignoring him, why is he yelling at Alois? I've seen the scars and bruises, mommy. I've seen stories he's too scared to tell me.

Love,

Sophie

FUN FACT: Originally, Haruhi and Tamake were supposed to divorce, but I didn't think that was a very likely scenario. So then I contemplated Haruhi committing suicide... which was also unlikely.