Haruhi's Letters

Mom,

Tamaki and I started dating. Dad was ecstatic. Hikaru threw a fit, and Honey and Mori held him back. Kyoya and Renge are already planning the wedding!

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

Tamaki proposed. We've been dating for six months now. I said yes. Dad gave his blessing. Everything is okay. I'm in love with him, mom. I really am. Do you think I should tell him about the baby or wait until after the wedding?

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

Tamaki is so happy about the baby. He already has names picked out. We want to tell everyone on our wedding day next month. I know it's soon. I know we're only 18 and 19. But we've known each other long enough to know what this is. You were around this age when you fell in love with dad, right?

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

Today I got married. Tamaki cried more than I did. I even saw Kyoya and Mori shed a tear themselves. I wonder when they'll meet their loves? I wish them only the best. They all handed the news about our child really well. Dad was a mess though. He'll love them, just the same.

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

We found Antionette in the closet this morning. She passed away late last night. The vet said that dogs usually try to hide from their owners when they die to cause the owners less grief. Maybe when Sophie's older, I'll let her pick out a dog for Tamaki's birthday.

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

Dad passed away last night. Did you see him up there in heaven? Tamaki's been trying to talk to me all morning. I don't want to talk though. I haven't cried yet. All I can do is write to you and think about the fact that my baby will never know who either of you were. I think we'll move in with or nearby Anne-Sophie for a while. She's getting better and Tamaki hasn't seen her in a while.

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

Tamaki and I have a beautiful baby girl now. Sophie Kotoko Suoh. She's beautiful, mom. She has my hair and Tamaki's eyes. I really wish you could see her.

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

It's hereditary. The cancer. We're moving back to Japan so I can get chemo at the hospital Kyoya's family owns. I don't want to leave her, mom. I can't let her grow up the way did.

With love, Haruhi

Mom,

I've been battling this for a year. Sophie's five now. I think it's time for me to go. I've realized she won't grow up like I did. Tamaki loves her and has money to support them both. She has her uncles and, when girl problems come up, she'll have Renge. I wish it didn't have to end like this. But she'll know I love her. Tamaki won't let her think anything but the truth about me.

I can't wait to see you and dad, mom. And hopefully it'll be a long whiles until Tamaki and Sophie arrive.

With love, Haruhi.

P.S. I'll see you soon, mom.

Haruhi Fujioka Suoh

Born February 4, 1992
A loving mother, wife, and daughter
Died August 23, 2016

"What good are dreams, if all you do is work? There's more to life than hitting the books, you know."

A/N SEQUEL IS OUT AND IM SLOWLY DYING ON THE INSIDE