December 25, 2021

Hey mom,

It's been over a month, huh? I'm sorry. I've never gone this long without writing to you. I told daddy about how Alois is treated at home, so he's going to America for a while to try and make it better for Alois. I'm staying with Honey right now. Also, baby Aiko was having the same thing happen by her mommy. She went to Mori with a huge gash in her thigh and the police found out about how she got it. Mori has custody over Aiko now. I guess me and her are in the same boat, huh? It's weird how different stories can end the same way.

It's weird how her mommy gave her up like she was a rat that she couldn't get rid of.

Mommies aren't supposed to do that. They're supposed to love you until it is humanly impossible to not do so. That's what I heard Mori tell Honey when I was in the kitchen getting a snack. It's Christmas and daddy still isn't back. He face timed though and said he'd be home for New Years. We're all holding off Christmas until then.

I hope daddy likes our present, mommy. The one you said you wanted to get him one day in your letters. Hikaru took me to buy it.

Love,
Sophie

FUN FACT: Kaoru was supposed to have died of cancer before any of this happened and Hikaru was going to commit suicide, but I went against it when I started crying during the rough draft.