Chapter 1: Goodbye Home

Valerie's POV.

Today is the big day! I'm moving to North Carolina. Finally! My life here in Puerto Rico was good, but I secretly got bullied many times.

We are moving because my mom found a better job and we're also going to live next to my cousin, Brent Rivera. I haven't seen him since the 3rd grade when he left. I can't wait to have a new life and see Brent again! I missed him alot. We used to be really close...

"Valerie! We're leaving!" My mom says from the empty living room to my room.

"Coming!" I say back. I grab my suit cases and run to the door.

"Slow down there, sweetie. We are on time." My grandma smiles and giggles.

"Sorry Gram, I'm too exited." I smile back,

I can't belive I'm leaving the house where I was born and raised. I have to confess that I'll sure miss this place. Here is where I lived my happiest and sadest molments. I leave the house, close the door, and enter the car. I look back at the house one more time. My grandpa grabbed my bags and put it in the back of the car and got in.

I was wearing my light blue jeans, my favorite floral blouse, and my vans. I like dressing old fashioned. And I don't like using much make up, just some lip gloss, a little bit of blush, and a little bit of mascara. I grabbed my iPhone 4S, put my beats on, unlock the phone, and open the green app with a white "V" on it. I love watching Vines! My cousin, Brent, does vines himself. he's pretty funny and vine famous. He has a friend called Nash Grier. He also makes vines and he's really funny too. I wish i could meet him in person. Ever since I saw his vines I kinda... fell in love with him. His blue eyes are so beautiful...- No Valerie! What are you even saying? Hes never going to date you. You've never even had a boyfriend before. Not even your first kiss!

"Ok we're here." says my grandpa as he opens my door.

"Oops, sorry." I say as I wake up from my thoughts and get out of the car.

I quickly put my stuff on my purse. As we enter the airport, I take a deep breath.