Chapter 15: Forgotten Stare

I woke up to the worst feeling. I had a terrible nightmare. People were dressed in black, they looked fancy, but their faces were really serious, most of the women were crying and had tissues in their hands. I saw a girl, nicely dressed. Her eyes were red, she looked like if she cried for hours. Later I found out it was me. I was next to a cute boy with black hair. He was serious, but I could see the sadness in his eyes. It was Brent. I could see many familiar faces, others I didn't even know who they were. In front of all of us was a big rectangular box. A pastor was talking, I couldn't her what he was saying that well. He had a Bible, and he was reading it... then he stopped and started praying. After he talked and prayed, they put the box in a whole and people threw flowers in the whole where the box was.

Thats when I woke up with the bad feeling. I felt like crying, I felt worried, stressed, with fear. Thats when I remembered what my mom said. My grandpa is in the hospital... with barely any memory. I cried a little at the memory of yesterday night.

I got out of bed and ate some cereal, but I was barely hungry. I heard someone knock on the door and I decided to get it. I didn't care how I looked. I was in my pijamas with a messy bun. I looked horrible, but whatever. I opened the door and see it was Brent. We don't say a word. He looks at me with a really sad face, I knew what he meant and I responded with a sad look, my eyes were getting watery. Brent extended his arms, I quickly hug him and start to cry on his chest, breaking the silence with my sobs.

"I know it's hard, Val." He said, still hugging me.

"It is... I'm so worried. What if he dosen't remember me? What if he dosen't get better? What if-" I get interupted by him.

"What if he gets better? He may get some therapy and get sine memory back. Medicine is really advanced today."

"I hope so." I said separating the hug so I can clean my tears. "He can't stay like this until he dies."

Brent enters the house.

"I'm going to the hospital to see him. Do you wanna go? Your mom and grandma are there." Brent said.

I sigh. "Ok..."

"Get dressed, you can't go looking like that." Brent said looking at my apperance.

"Ugh I know. Wait a second." I say and go upstairs.

I didn't want to look pretty or anything so I just put my skinny jeans and a hoodie I got in an Aquarium and black toms. I put my hair in a ponytail and I didn't put any makeup. I'd like to have a natural look at times since I didn't have zits or anything at the moment.

I get my iphone and go downstairs.

"Decent enough, lets go." Brent said.

I said nothing and got with him in the car. The first 5 minutes there was a complete silence, until Brent coughed on purpose to ruin the silence. I thought it was funny, but I didn't laugh. 15 minutes later we got to the hospital. We quickly went to check if we could see him and the lady said family only, and we told her who we were. Then she finally let us go.

"Umm Valerie, grandpops is alone there. Cause ur mom and grandma left for a moment, so it will be just us three."

"Ok." I said.

We got in the room. Grandpa was in the bed. He was wide awake. He looked a little frightened as he saw who were coming in his room. He had an oxygen tank next to him and he has the little tubes on his nose. I guessed that heart attack affected him really bad. He looked at us with a wierd stare, like if we were introuding or something.

"Hello grandpops. I'm Brent, your oldest grandson. How are you feeling?" Brent asked.

He didn't answer.