Chapter 29-Nightmare(With beta reader)

"No that's unfair, we should contribute at the same time, I can't sleep longer than you guys, I think-" "No that's fine, I am not too tired" I broke Catherine's sentences.

Yes I am not so tired, and Cath looks like she is exhausted like she's covered of sadness, weariness, I don't like seeing her so tired and weak and sad, I believe she'll be better after a long sleep. And if she sleeps longer, I can move easier.

"Yeah I agree, we aren't tired at all, you need more sleep Cath" Danny agreed with me, although I think he's pretty tired too.

Catherine hesitated for a second, like she's choosing sleepiness or fairness, then clearly, the sleepiness overcame.

"Thanks, wake me up if you guys are tired." She said, then closed her eyes.

Danny used his elbow to touch me.

"You should sleep Steve, I'll wake you up at 3 a.m" He said in low voice, I took a look at Catherine, she's breathing regularly, she seems fast asleep.

I can tell Danny my plan now, but I am not sure she's really sleeping or fake. And I should sleep too, or I may fell asleep while fighting Ying. I have no idea how to contact Ying, but if he wanted to kill me and haven't done it for some reason, he will contact me right? I think I need to get off the mountain and open my phone again, they'll contact me by phone? I don't know but I should try. I have no plan now, my plan is find Ying, so that can prove Cath is clear, and so is Chin.

Now it's impossible to go to foreign countries by airplane, but boats may work.

"Wake me up at 2 a.m." I said to him, then pulled Catherine into my arms, I fell asleep fast.

I dreamt that I found Ying, but he got Catherine. Catherine's face was covered by wounds, bruising, and tape was on her mouth, she looked like she was punched, she looked at me helplessly, panicky, sad, and chaotic. I tried to help her, but someone caught me. I yelled at the guy who caught me, but the arms were so strong that I couldn't escape.

I forgot what I did and what Ying did, but I remember the last sentence which Ying said to me in a dream. I couldn't see his face clear, but I remember he took a gun and aimed it at Catherine's head

You think you have the power to control everything, but when my hands entered your life, you can't control anything.

It's just the beginning, I am going to destroy your life, until it collapses, nothing left but you.

Then he fired, Catherine screamed. Her head got shot, the blood started to seep out, the warm blood sprayed to my head, my arms and my hair. I could almost taste the rust smell in blood. 

She cried to me, I couldn't concentrate to listen what she said, all I could see was the blood and the gun wound of Catherine. She started to get weaker and weaker, then bowed her head. She couldn't say anything more, she was dead.

I didn't and couldn't do anything just dumbfounded, then few seconds later, I realized I lost Catherine, I started to yelled loudly I forgot what I yelled, but it should be you son of bitch I'll kill you. And then I felt my tears slide on my face, into my mouth, I tasted the tears salty and bitter.

Then I woke up with fright and gasp. I took a look at my arms very nervously, fortunately, she's still on my arms, fast asleep.

Author:Cece

Beta reader:Marcy.

Hope you guys like it <3  please vote and comment if you like and have some advices :)