October 21st

October 21st 2015

Finally had a bowel movement late on Saturday evening. Then spent most of Sunday not feeling too hot. My intestines were working too hard. But I am feeling so much better now, mostly because I can see the end in sight! the light at the end of the tunnel! I can go back to work in November and this chemo round was a lot easier to deal with. I miss having a life. I both simultaneously miss being around lots of friends and being alone. I feel like I don't get any me time but I don't get to do fun things either. So I've been trying to be more clear to Mom when I need to go upstairs and just have some quiet time. I am also inviting over a couple of girls Friday night for a little Halloween movie party. I just need some changes in the daily routine otherwise I'll go crazy. And I need to remember to pick this journal up on a daily basis!

...

post script: While sitting for long periods of time and trying not to faint off the toilet and onto the tile floor, I read most of "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. As is usual with gifted writers, I remember the imagery and magic of the novel more than I remember the ungodly amount of time spent on the can. I must thank Philip Marvin for giving me the book. It was gorgeously written and kept my horrible chemo weeks from being completely unbearable. But now you know, Phil. The book was so good that I carried it everywhere with me, including the bathroom. It became an official poo-book. A pook. (hides behind a pillow) Love you...!